Save Me

“I’m sorry, Yuki. I’m not interested.” I said sliding off the ledge. I snapped the book shut and tried my best to smile, but my body was in a panic. Why did I always attract psycho guys?

“I don’t care if you’re interested or not,” he said sliding closer. I froze. I could feel his breath running against my neck. He extended a hand to touch my cheek. My skin crawled. “I spent good money on this, on you, I want to have fun.”

“That’s not how the Host Club works.” I explained. Even though I wasn’t entirely sure what the Host Club was, they stressed you never see a client outside of the club unless 100% necessary.

It wasn’t necessary seeing Yuki now.

In fact,

It was just the opposite.

“Sure it is.” He smiled completely closing the gap between us. “You dress up, I pay to undress you, then you service me until I’m done with you.” His hands wandered to my jacket. He slowly slid it off. I jerked away.

“Yuki, stop it.” My voice was dangerously low, edged with nerves. Terror struck me. “I’m not a prostitute. In fact, I’m a virgin. Leave me alone. Please?”

“Virgin?” His eyes doubled in size. “Lucky me.”

“Yuki!” I slapped my hand across his cheek. A loud crackling sound echoed through the woods. He froze in shock.

“You little slut! I’ll make you sorry for ever coming to Japan!” In an instance, he was on top of me. Holding down my arms as he tried locking lips with me. I violently whipped my head side to side, screaming for help. In the back of my mind, I remembered the self-defense classes I took. I remembered my years of karate. But after what happened a year ago, I couldn’t put them to use. Fear swallowed me whole.

“Stop! Yuki! Stop! Don’t do this! Help! Anyone, please! Help! Help me!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, this only made him want me more. His nails dug into my skin as he pressed the entire weight of his body into me. Tears streamed down my cheeks. I started hyperventilating. “Please stop.” I sobbed.

“Relax, Indie. This will be fun. I’ll be gentle. Yeah, just like that. You’re skin’s so soft. You know that?” He rambled. I cried harder, trying to remember those self-defense lessons. Suddenly it clicked. Use his own weight against him to get away. My house was only a few yards away. I could easily run inside to safety.

I hooked my feet around his ankles,

Positioned my body directly under his,

Wrapped my free arm across his,

Pelvic thrusted to the side

Flat lining him.

Shock struck us at the same time.

                “It worked.” I murmured in disbelief. The realization I needed to run didn’t hit me until he started to rise to his feet. My eyes widened as I scrambled to my own feet. I cast my book to the side and took off running, screaming at the top of my lungs.

“Help! Someone, help!” I shrieked. Yuki was close behind. I forgot I was never much of a runner, not even now that my life was at stake. “Help!”

My lack of grace caught me. Gravity whipped my feet from underneath my body sending me crashing to the ground. My arms caught my fall, but I was in a daze. I glanced up to see Yuki snagging my ankles and pulling me back into the woods.

“Stop!” I sobbed. “Don’t do this!”

“I paid for this.” He growled. “I like a girl who can put up a fight, I underestimated you. It won’t happen again.”

I kicked wildly at him, but his grip was stronger than I could’ve imagined. Tears completely blocked my vision. I twisted my body, hoping to wiggle myself out of his grip, but it was no use.

He had me exactly where he wanted me.

Alone.

In the woods.

At night.

“Yuki, stop…” I begged. “Please…”

“Stop crying, doll. This is going to be fun, you’ll see. You’ll love this.” He dropped my legs, falling back on top of me. He was heavier this time, forcing himself on me. I felt his hands feeling up my legs, sending goose bumps with his touch. I swatted him away.

“I said stop.” I hissed. I used my hands to push him up and my body to propel him to the side again. He grabbed my ankle as I tried crawling away.

“Stop fighting me!” He thundered.

“Never!”

I saw his face once again.

Smugly staring me down

Bloody blade in hand.

I felt the blade penetrating me again and again.

His lips, pressed to my neck

Slurping.

I promised myself I wouldn’t let it happen again.

I wasn’t going to let him terrorize me anymore.

I had a chance,

This guy was weaker than he was.

I could win.

I kicked him in the face. He went flying backwards, landing roughly into a tree. I brought myself to my feet and took off towards my house.

Leaves crunched wildly beneath my feet. I didn’t dare look back. I couldn’t waste my time, my only goal was getting to my house.

“Indie!” Yuki shouted. I shivered, pressing forward. “Indie, come back!”

“No.” I murmured to myself.

Suddenly I remembered we lived in the 21st century. I fumbled for my phone in my pocket and yanked it out. My fingers brushed against the keys. I waited for the dial tone.

“Indie! Indie! Come back! We’re not done! We haven’t even started.”

A chill ripped through my body. I couldn’t decide if it was from the cold, or from the disgust and nerves.

“Hello?” Hurhi picked up. She was tired.

“Help!” I screamed through the phone. “Yuki’s after me he’s trying to-he’s got a-AH!”

“Found yeah, doll.” He said wrestling the phone out of my hands. We crashed to the ground. I glanced up. My house was in view. I just had to get away.

“Why are you trying to call someone? Trying to make this more exciting? Trying to get me arrested?” He was angry. That much was clear. I clawed at him, he rolled me onto my stomach, forcing my face into the dirt. “I always get my way.” He growled.

He hooked a finger around my belt loop trying to yank off my pants. I squirmed, but it was useless. He managed to pick the one position I couldn’t break out of.

“Stop…” I sobbed. “Yuki, stop. Please.”

“Hey, what are you-“

The pressure on my back was gone.

Crackling and popping filled the hollow air.

I rolled onto my side.

I rubbed my eyes.

“Kyoya?”

A car door clicked shut.

The sound of screeching tires came next.

Then another car door.

I glanced around.

“Host…Club?”