Parties and Pocky

☆☆

Magnus wandered through the hoards of guests at his party, smiling and making small talk occasionally. He wished they'd all just disappear.

Catarina and Ragnor didn't come so he didn't have any of his actual friends here tonight. He looked around as a girl ground into him.
"Hey Magnus!" The girl said seductively. Magnus' eyes focused in the dim light and he realised it was Camille.
"Oh. Camille. What a surprise." Magnus said, sounding bored. She just giggled in reply, taking another sip of the drink in her hand. He bit his lip. Maybe he should just get drunk tonight. It'd be easier than sulking around because some stupid blue-eyed boy had ruined his day.
"Bye Camille." He said, making up his mind. He walked towards the table holding the drinks. There were numerous bottles along the table, cups lined up to be filled. He filled one with the first bottle he got his hands on and walked away.

He stepped between the people, sipping his drink. He still had no idea what the fuck he'd put into his cup. He should have checked what the bottle was. He could be drinking piss for all he knew. But alas, he knew he wasn't drinking that when his head began to feel lighter and his headache slowly left. He smiled, maybe he could enjoy this now.

He looked around as more people entered his house, Isabelle Lightwood among them. She'd brought that nerdy boy she always toyed with too. What was his name? Samuel? He didn't know and he didn't really care. Along with the nerdy boy was Clary Fray, who Magnus had known for quite some time. They shared a few classes and she was nice enough, a little feisty too. She was best friends with so-called nerdy boy.

Magnus turned away from them, walking over to the stairs and sitting at one of the lower steps. Who knew someone could feel so lonely at their own party. Maybe he'd meet someone tonight. Someone nice and sweet. Someone who wasn't nervous in front of other people. Someone who wasn't Alexander Lightwood.

"Magnus!" Isabelle called, sitting down beside him. She wore a black skater skirt with a red crop top. Her raven hair tumbled over her shoulders.
"Hello, Izzy, dear." Magnus smiled at her. Maybe she'd improve his night. Any party without Isabelle Lightwood was a bad party.
"I heard about what happened with Alec today..." She began, fiddling with her fingers. Magnus took another sip of his drink.
"And?"
"Well I'm annoyed that you got so mad at him about it. Next time that happens, I will hurt you, okay?" She asked, narrowing her eyes at him. "He was just nervous anyway. Everyone gets nervous!"
"Ugh, whatever, Izzy. I'd rather not talk about it." Magnus told her calmly.
"Okay." She sighed. "I think he really likes you."
"Well I don't like him." Magnus smiled at her. She only rolled her eyes.
"We'll see about that. Nice party you're throwing by the way." Izzy stood up, looking around.
"Thank you. Enjoy your night," Magnus smirked, looking up at her.
"I will!" She said and dashed off to her friends who were dancing vicariously.

Magnus took another sip of his drink, nodding his head to the song so that glitter fell around him and into his drink. He took no notice. He looked back at the door, watching all the footballers enter. A sudden thought that they looked much more attractive in their football uniforms occurred to him. There was just something about a sweaty boy grinning at you from beneath a helmet. Or maybe they all just had horrible fashion sense when out of uniform.

His eyes landed on a particular boy among the footballers. Alec. So he had been dragged along? He looked oddly happy though. Magnus had never imagined Alec to look happy around so many people.

♡♡

For quite possibly the first time in Alec's adolescent life he felt happy, happy with no clauses, just truly happy and it was without a doubt one of the best feelings that he could ever feel. Not to mention the fact that he was surrounded by fifteen other teenage boys and he was neither nervous nor turned on (also a good feeling to be having at this present time).