Beginnings and Blue Eyed Boys

A/N : So, it's been a while which I am apologetic about however I have been extremely busy. from now on the updates should be quite regular however and I hope you are enjoying the story so far!

♡♡

Alec was sitting in the boys locker room, untying his football boots. He had just finished practice for the William McKinley Varsity football team. Alec was only a new student but was impeccable where a ball was concerned. He ran a hand through his messy black locks, steam from the showers had curled the hair at the nape of his neck. He let out a loud sigh and decided to hop in the shower to wash away the dirt, grime and sweat from the most intense training session yet. Alec stepped into the shower and let the hot water encase him. He felt the layers of dirt - caused by sliding around the field for the last two hours - peel away.

Alec hummed quietly under his breath as he wrapped a towel around his waist. A familiar blonde head of hair stuck up over the shower barrier and grinned at him.
"Hey bro," His adopted brother, Jace Herondale, said as he impatiently flicked a lock of golden hair out of his eyes. Alec flinched.
"Oh... Hi.." He said, flushing a bright shade red. Jace rolled his eyes at his brother's humility.
"Do you have time to talk? I wanted to ask you something." He said.
Alec bit his lip. "Well, I was planning on getting in some study time-"
Jace cut him off mid-sentence, "This is way more important than studying, this is about my mental sanity." He argued. Alec ran a pale hand through his damp locks.
"Jace, we both know you already have none of that!" He said, sounding slightly exasperated.
Jace rolled his eyes but ignored the taller boy's comment. "Look, Clary made me join that Glee club thing with her-"
This time Alec cut him off. "Oh no, I am not joining that singing-club-thingy." Alec shook his head. "I may have only been here for two months but I know enough. If I join that club I will never graduate high school alive." He replied rapidly. Jace groaned, looking him straight in the eye. Gold ones meeting electric blue ones. Ever since Jace had come to live with the Lightwoods at ten years old, they had been inseparable. They were compared as brothers, despite the fact that they looked nothing alike. Alec would do almost anything for Jace. Alec forced himself to look away from Jace's enthralling eyes.

Jace let out a sigh. "Okay, man I didn't want it to come to this but... Do you remember when we were twelve and you smashed Maryse's favourite vase, the one that had the dragonflies painted on it? Anyway, remember how you were crying and in a panic because you loathed when you mother was mad at you?"
Alec flushed a deep red at the memory. "What's your point?" He hissed.
"Remember how I covered for you and took the blame and Maryse grounded me and then we made The Pact? How when you really needed me, I would help you, no matter what the cost and the same would go for you? Well my brother, that day has come when I need you. This is my vase that has been shattered and I need you to come to assistant and accompany me to glee club! Besides, you're actually an okay singer, even though it's shower singing." Jace said crossing his arms over his chest triumphantly.
Alec buried his face in his hands. "I don't suppose I could take a rein check?" Jace just shook his head, his smirk growing wider. "Fine!" Alec exclaimed, throwing his hands up. "I'll do it."
Jace let out a loud cheer. "Thanks Alec, now go get dressed. The Glee Club meeting is in ten!" He announced before leaving the shower area.

Alec mumbled some words his mother would not have been proud of and marched back into the lockers. He ripped open his, sprayed some deodorant around himself, pulled on a plain black t-shirt, an oversized sweater with holes in the sleeves and a pair of baggy jeans, before sliding his wallet into his back pocket and pulling on his sneakers.

He chewed his bottom lip as he walked past several shirtless guys, a blush creeping up the back of his neck. He hurried from the room - yes, he was gay. Closet gay of course, only his sister Izzy knew about it and she was always trying to set him up with guys even if he liked someone else, a certain glittery someone else. They had never officially met but the first time Alec had seen him, he forgot how to breathe. The boy was truly breathtaking but of course, being as socially awkward as he was, he would never be able to build up the nerve to talk to him. So all he could do was look out for him in the overly crowded corridors between classes.
Alec saw Jace standing by his own locker with his feisty girlfriend, Clarissa Fray. She was a cheerleader, just like his younger sister, Izzy, was. Speak of the devil, Alec thought, as Izzy strutted towards the pair, elegant as always. He let out an audible sigh and made his way towards the group.

"Hey Alec!" Izzy exclaimed enthusiastically.
"Hey." Clary nodded towards him.
"Uhh.. Hi" Alec replied, scratching the back of his neck.
Jace rolled his eyes. "Shall we go then?" He asked, sounding impatient. Everyone nodded in agreement.

When they got to the glee room, Izzy and Clary entered first, followed closely by Jace and then Alec. He entered the room, running into the teacher straightaway, knocking his sheet music and coffee everywhere. Alec flushed deep red and knelt down to help pick up the things. That was when he saw him. The boy with the glitter from his first day.

☆☆

Magnus had been having a pretty lousy day... until that boy walked into the music room. His hair was black and tousled and his eyes - oh his eyes! They were a dark, electrifying blue and they terrified him. Magnus could not tear his gaze away, after all, blue eyes and black hair were his favourite combination. The boy, who had holes in his sweater sleeves, stumbled inside after Jace and Clary. He was taller than both - and clumsier. He fell right onto Mr Starkweather, causing the teacher to spill his coffee and send his books and papers flying everywhere. The boy flushed a bright red immediately, causing Magnus to smile. He stood up and swaggered over to help Mr Starkweather and the boy pick up all the stuff that had been dropped around the piano.

The boy looked up as Magnus knelt down beside him and begun picking up some of the loose papers. Magnus glanced at him sidewards. He smirked, his green eyes with gold specks sparkling in the bright light of the music room.
"Hello, I'm Magnus Bane. What's your name, blue eyes?" He asked, though he was sure he already knew who the blue-eyed boy was. He presumed it was Alexander Lightwood. A new student with the popular adopted brother Jace Herondale and the even more popular sister, Isabelle Lightwood, who was a dedicated cheerleader. Alexander himself wasn't very popular, but he was quite the star player in the Varsity football squad at McKinley High. Magnus had seen him on the first day back at school this year. He suspected that Jace (who had been dragged along by Clary Fray, his girlfriend, to Glee club the past few sessions) had also decided to bring Alexander along. Obviously, Alexander was not excited. The boy blushed a deep shade of crimson again. Oh my God, Magnus thought, this boy blushes a lot. Not that he minded.
"Firstly, don't call me 'blue eyes' and secondly, why are you asking?" The boy finally answered. Magnus grinned, flashing his straight white teeth. He was about to answer when Mr Starkweather clapped his hands, rolling his eyes.
"Magnus, go sit down." He said. Magnus sighed and turned on his heel, but not before winking at Alec. He sat down in a spare seat, next to Ragnor and Catarina, his two best friends. Ragnor raised his eyebrows at him and Catarina crossed her arms over her chest as he sat down.

The blue-eyed boy was still up the front talking to Mr Starkweather, in a hushed tone. Finally, Mr Starkweather turned his attention to the front.
"Now," Mr Starkweather began. "Today we have a new member, I believe. Everyone, this is Alexander-" "Alec." The boy, Alec, cut him off.
"This is Alec Lightwood." Mr Starkweather tried. Alec looked around the room before his eyes rested on Magnus. "Now, Alec, you're happy to sing for us aren't you? We just need to sort a few things out about how you can sing." Mr Starkweather smiled encouragingly.
Alec paled immediately. "I- Er- do I have to?" He asked quietly.