Smooth Caramel and Singing practice

☆☆

Magnus turned around to look at the boy who had entered from his position on the piano stool.
"Oh! Alexander. Hello. I thought you were someone else," He said.

Magnus was quite relieved that it was Alec and not Camille. If it were Camille, she'd pester him about why he was in here and who he was waiting for. Alec stood in the doorway awkwardly, causing Magnus to sigh. "You can come and sit down, you know. I won't bite." He said with a slight smirk. Alec flushed immediately and walked over as Magnus shuffled over to provide some room for Alec on the piano stool. He sat down, his leg brushing against Magnus'. He blushed again, staring at the ground.
Magnus put his head in his hands to stifle his laugh. He looked up again, breathing in and out to contain himself.
"Okay... Please tell me that you understand sheet music."
"I do. Don't worry." Alec said with a sigh, looking down at his hands.
"Good. I'll be singing the first verse. Then you join in on the chorus. Second verse is yours. Then I join in on the chorus. And we do the bridge together. Are you happy with that arrangement?" Magnus asked, tilting his head slightly.
"Um. Yeah. That sounds fine." Alec said, shrugging his shoulders slightly.

After a few run-throughs of the song, Magnus was still struggling to get Alec to join in at the right time in the chorus. Magnus ran a long-fingered hand through his hair, frustratedly. "Let's- let's take a break." He sighed. Alec nodded, looking at his shoes.
"I'm sorry. It's just- I've never really done something like this before." The blue-eyed boy said, watching Magnus nervously.
"It's fine. Don't worry about it." Magnus replied with a small shrug of his shoulders. "You'll get better with practise. You're really talented at singing, by the way." He smiled encouragingly.

They sat in silence for a while as Magnus studied the sheet music.
"Erm- your voice is like smooth caramel" Alec said quickly in a voice that was clearly trying to be seductive as he leaned quite close to Magnus. So close that Magnus fell off the piano stool, banging his hand on a high key of the piano. Alec blushed, looking down at Magnus on the floor. "Sorry." He squeaked.
Magnus stood up quickly, brushing himself off. "Alexander, by any chance, did your sister ask you to say something like that?" He asked Alec as he sat back down on the stool. Alec nodded looking more embarrassed than physically possible. Magnus shook his head. "Don't take flirting advice from Izzy again." he said.
Alec frowned. "How do you know my sister?" He asked.
"Biscuit, we're two of the most popular people in school. We met at a party." Magnus said, thinking back on the night.
"M-my sister goes to parties?!" Alec asked, bewildered.
"Yes. Wasn't that a wild night." Alec made a choking sound.
"Did you- did you do anything to my sister?" There was an almost threatening tone to Alec's voice, making Magnus smile.
"Oh no. We both drank shots off of half-naked strippers once," He said with a shrug of his shoulders. Alec's eyes widened.
"What was my sister doing with strippers?!"
"Don't worry, Alexander. It was a controlled environment," Magnus replied, grinning madly. Alec narrowed his eyes but said, "Can we go through the song again?" Magnus sighed and nodded. He begun to play..

{Magnus}
I've seen the world
Done it all
Had my cake now
Diamonds, brilliant
And Bel Air now
Hot summer nights, mid July
When you and I were forever wild
The crazy days, city lights
The way you'd play with me like a child

{Alec + Magnus}
Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I got nothing but my aching soul?
I know you will, I know you will
I know that you will
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?

{Alec}
I've seen the world, lit it up
As my stage now
Channeling angels in the new age now
Hot summer days, rock 'n' roll
The way you play for me at your show
And all the ways I got to know
Your pretty face and electric soul