Coffee and Confessions

♡♡

Alec bit his lip and stared intensely at his mug of coffee, trying to keep his calm. That task became extremely difficult as Camille waved her friends along and pulled out a chair near Magnus. She grabbed his drink and put a second straw in it with the fluency of someone who seemed to have a lot of practise in the sport of crashing people's dates - Alec stopped this train of thought. This was not date. Was it?... He snapped out of these thoughts as his name was mentioned.

"-So, is Alexander your new boy toy, Magnus?" Alec went a deep red colour and glared at his hands.
Magnus scoffed and replied with a snappy, "I think the real question is why are you talking to us?"
Alec bit his lip and zoned out of the conversation once more, only catching snippets of sentences such as;
"-Oh Magnus, don't act like you're not glad to see me!" and "But he's oh so drab!" And Alec couldn't forget the ever so flattering, "What do you mean 'it isn't like that'? He's obviously gay! Just look at him!" This set Alec off. He stood up abruptly and slid a twenty dollar note across the table to Magnus.
"Thanks for the coffee. See you around Magnus." He said briskly, before walking out. On his way to the door he could of sworn the shorter of the two girls in the techno duo with blue hair winked at him slyly before going back to hitting her keyboard. Alec blushed a deep crimson and rushed out of the door as fast as he could, not bothering to turn back when he heard Magnus call his name repeatedly.

Alec shoved his hands in his pockets and was halfway down the street when he realised that he lived on the other side of town and had no means of transportation back home. He ran a hand through his hair and kicked at a rock out of frustration.

"This day can not possibly get any worse," He said out loud. This was obviously a major mistake because as soon as the words had left his mouth, the heavens opened up and it started pouring rain, making the already skin tight pink jeans and black t-shirt somehow cling to him with renewed vigour.

Alec continued making his way down the road in the pouring rain, cursing every stylish hot Asian guy to ever cross the earth, his cheap parents for not buying him a car, his sister for making him 'flirt' with Magnus - if you could even call it that, Camille and her friends for crashing he and Magnus'... Screw it, date and last but not least, his brain or God or whatever phenomenon made him want to fuck boys instead of girls. As Alec ran through this list he missed the sounds of a car slowing down and following him.

Alec continued walking and kicking the small pebbles on the ground as he walked, suddenly missing New York and it's hard concrete walkways and the always seemingly dark feel it gave off because of the tall buildings that made it feel almost claustrophobic but not quite, just... Safe. It was like a haven compared to this town and the worst thing was Alec's father got to go back there every week and Alec had to stay here with his 'always working' mother.

Suddenly, the sound of a horn pulled him out of his thoughts. His head snapped up towards the sound. Through the rain he could just make out the shape of a faded blue car that had one headlight broken and the other one as bright as the sun. The car pulled up beside him and a face covered in sparkles, eyeliner and spiked hair hung out of the window.

"Want a ride, Blue eyes?" Magnus asked with a wink. Alec stood there for one whole minute contemplating his options, he could a) get in the warm dry car that smelled like coffee and vinyl or he could b) walk home in the pouring rain, get sick and get slaughtered by his coach or c) Pray to every god he knew the name of that suddenly the TARDIS would appear in front of him and take him back in time to before the coffee date and return him to his house. After what seemed like a long time of contemplation, the water logged teenage boy moved towards the old Valiant and climbed in hesitantly. As he sat down his soaked sneakers made the most horrible squishing noise and Alec could've been straight out of an anime he turned so red. Maybe he should've just held out for option C, he thought as Magnus smirked and started the car back up. Alec bit his lip and glared out of the window until the other boy initiated the conversation.