Secrets and Slushies

☆☆

It had been a very uneventful ride to school the next day. He'd woken up, late, as usual. Raced to get dressed and eat and climb into his car. And then he'd just driven to school, as he did every morning. It was what happened at school, that really made the day begin.

Magnus climbed out of his car and stretched his legs and arms. He pulled his bag out and looked around as students milled in the parking lot, following popular kids into the school complex. And then there were the members of Glee Club, all walking inside together. He preferred to walk in with Cat and Ragnor but they were nowhere to be seen. So he began to walk in alone, his bag slung over his shoulder.

The halls were crowded and noisy, as expected. Magnus felt eyes on him, but how could he not expect people to stare when he looked so fabulous?! He reached his locker and shoved his books inside before pulling out everything he needed for first period. He turned around to see someone walking towards Alec with a slushy in hand. He cringed inwardly but didn't move a finger as he knew that would just result in the both of them getting drenched in the frozen drink.

A tall footballer sloshed the slushy all over Alec's face and shirtfront in one fluent movement as Magnus sighed. Alec looked stunned and cold and blue (blue raspberry really seemed to be a huge hit here). He looked around with huge eyes and rested them on Magnus, a thousand emotions seemed to flash through his eyes in a instant, confusion, anger, embarrassment and a dozen more. Magnus rolled his eyes and pulled out a folded outfit from his locker (it's better to be prepared for these frequent occurrences). He walked over to Alec and thrust the change of clothes at him.
"Here." Magnus said, smiling empathetically. Alec smiled at him thankfully and took them before running off to the bathroom. He went back to his locker with a small smile and proceeded to apply another layering of kohl while looking in the mirror on the inside of his locker.

Five minutes later, Alec walked over to him looking unimpressed with the outfit. He was wearing pink skinny jeans and a Mobilised Death band t-shirt.
"Do you, um, have anything else?" Alec asked, crossing his arms over the band logo.
"Nope. Sorry. Though, I must admit, those jeans really compliment you." He smirked and looked him up and down appreciatively. Alec glared at him, lookingaround desperately.
"I guess it's better than nothing...." He muttered finally.
"Is that a thank you?" Magnus asked.
"Yes. Yes it is a thank you. I-I guess I'll see you in Glee club, Magnus." He said blushing slightly before running off just as the bell rung.
"Buh-bye!" Magnus called after him with a smile.

First period of the day was Spanish, much to Magnus' dismay. At the start of the year he was quite happy to do Spanish but now he was just plain sick of it. He sighed as he left home room and made his way to the Spanish classroom. He slunk in and sat down next to Ragnor, who also happened to take this class and hate it.
"Hello." Magnus greeted him. Ragnor simply lifted his hand in a wave. He was face down on the table, his eyes closed.
"Up late last night were you?" Magnus asked him. Ragnor's head moved up and down on the table which Magnus decided meant yes. He looked around the classroom, bored out of his mind as the teacher, Mrs Santiago droned on about Spanish words and her many visits to Spain. He looked up at the clock.

Tick.
Tock.
Tick.
Could time go any slower?! Magnus looked back down at Ragnor who was definitely asleep by now. He was snoring quite loudly too but the teacher didn't seem to notice. Magnus looked back at the clock again.

Tock.
Tick.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiing!

There was the bell. Finally! Magnus gathered up his stuff and shook Ragnor awake.
"Come along, child. The bell has rung and we are freed!" He said, to which Ragnor rolled his eyes to as he stood up drowsily, gathering his stuff up also. They left the classroom together, Magnus chattering excitedly about how he was going to go have coffee with a certain Lightwood this afternoon.
"He actually said yes and enthusiastically too. For such a shy guy you wouldn't expect that."
"I don't care."
"And his eyes. Oh my goodness, I'm excited!"
"I don't care."
"I wonder what type of coffee he drinks,"
"I don't care."
"Do you think going to Starbucks will be fine? Or Java Jones?"
"I don't care."
"Yeah, I agree. Java Jones is best,"
"I don't care."
"This is going to go well. I can sense it. I'm going to leave an even better impression on him than before,"
"I don't care."
"Well, Ragnor, as my friend, you should care," Magnus replied as they arrived outside their next class, which was textiles. They walked inside and sat down in their usual spots. They had a substitute teacher today, so it was another boring class of Magnus tapping his fingers on his desk, waiting for the bell.