Predictable

hollllaa! look who's on a roll! i'm totally addicted to writing this now. plus, i have no school today so maybe i'll upload more chappies. i owe my readers it, because there was like 2 months were i didn't update at all. 

anyway, i think i'll be finishing this in like 5 chapters or whatever. so yeah. 

oh, and i ussed david's pov. sorrrrrrrry. i broke my promise. again . ;x 

comment? vote? ♥

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I groaned and fluffed my feathery pillow. PILLOW?! I sat up in my bed, looking around. I was in my hotel room. I sighed with relief, because at least I wasn’t in some random guys basement and I wasn’t going to be the front page topic of the town’s paper. Then I remembered how I had gone ballistic in the elevator. It was a total breakdown. Not exactly one of those scary ones, but more like one of those defeated ones. No hope left. Yeah, those kind.

I couldn’t really remember much, but I guessed that David had carried me back to my room. I yawned and stretched in my bed, pulling the sheets off. I was still in my jeans and polo shirt. “Katherine?”

I shrieked and chucked my pillow at his face. It took me a moment to realize that it was just David. ‘Just’. He was sitting by the small coffee table. How had I missed him?

“What. Are. You. Doing. In. My. Room?!” I growled, hoping I sounded threatening. I don’t think I did though, because he didn’t even flinch.

“You kept tossing and crying at night. I think you were having nightmares. Anyway, I just stayed her to soothe you.”

“Oh,” I replied quietly, mentally slapping myself. He didn’t come here to creep on me or whatever. He was just being nice, and as usually, I had to snap. I’d gotten pretty good at that. “What time is it?” I asked, trying to break the awkward silence that had filled the room.

“Uhh… I think it’s 6. I have to be down at the show grounds by 8 to trailer my horse and everything. Then we’ll drive to the barn, unload our horses and I’ll take you home.”

“You’ll take me home?” I asked in disbelief. What happened to, uh, ASKING THE OTHER PERSON?!

“You’re not crowding into that van. Everyone’s going to be bombing with questions and condolences and I already know you’re not going to like that.”

I thought of Rebecca and Remmey. Maybe I should call Lauren, since I had totally forgotten to get the number of the equine hospital last night.

“Lauren called,” David said, reading my thoughts. Was I seriously that predictable? “Remmey has a bruised ankle and he’s already on the way back to the barn with Beth and her mares. Rebecca got a ride home from her grandparents. I don’t remember what happened to, but I don’t think it’s serious because she got released.”

I nodded and sat up, then got to my feet. “I guess I’ll go shower,” I said quietly, kneeling down by my suitcase. I looked through what I had packed. Correction - what Rachel had packed for me. I quickly prayed that there wasn’t anything to … revealing. I told her that it was a horse show, but heck, this is the girl that wore a mini skirt and Juicy Couture when I first showed her the barn.

Thankfully, there was just a pretty flowery blouse from Forever 21 and jean shorts that were maybe a bit too short. Not like I had anything else to wear, besides breeches and the jeans I wore last night. It was way too hot for those today, even those it was only March. In Saugerties, New York.

“Is that what you’re going to wear?” David commented from his swivel chair across the room. I looked up at him and noticed he was smirking.

“Don’t look at me like that! I didn’t pack this,” I muttered, quickly heading into the bathroom and turning the lock.

David's POV

I leaned back into the leather chair, smiling. I loved making her blush.

Even though it wouldn’t make a difference, I said to myself, sighing. She would never trust me, no matter how much I tried. But I guess I understood, because Kat wasn’t stupid like some girls. She didn’t forgive easily. I still held onto the small hope that maybe, just maybe, she actually did like me. I was so lost in thought I didn’t notice that she had turned the water off.

“What time is it?!” I snapped back into reality, looking at the electronic clock that was on the mahogany desk.

“7:20! We have to leave soon.”

She didn’t reply. I looked at my suitcase which was zippered and ready to be rolled out the door. Katherine’s was a whole different story.

7:30.

“Katherine.” I called again, tapping my foot impatiently. I wasn’t going to get yelled at because someone took too long getting ready.

7:35

“KATHERINE!”

“Okay! God, chill. I’m coming.” The door knob turned and she stepped out, looking just … wow.

“Don’t look at me like that!” she hissed, obviously feeling insecure. She smoothed her straightened hair, then let fall over her shoulder as she quickly put all her stuff away.

“Who are you dressing up for?” I asked since the urge to tease her was overwhelming.

She sighed, pulling her suitcase’s zipper closed and standing up. She pulled the door open, and stood in the hallway. “I’m still working that part out.”