Love After All

So I'm baaackk. (: And writing my story againn. x'D I think you guys will like this chapter. Because it proves that Katherine isn't a heartless, drama queen that's annoying. -cough- Becca -cough- x'D Laaav you. (:

 11-10-11

re-did the chapter. found this poem {NOT BY ME} and thought it would a nice addition. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stormed back to the office and ran into the bathroom.

It’s funny, I thought. How girls always go to the bathroom when they’re upset. I turned the water on, cupping my hands as the refreshing liquid filled my hands. It felt good against my hands, and it washed some of my troubles away. Next, I washed my face over, exhaling loudly.

“Taken!” I called as someone knocked on the wooden door. I quickly gathered my stuff, neatly tucking my gloves into my helmet. My crop was all the way on the other side of the room. Go figure.

“TAKEN!” I repeated, with a bit more emphasis this time. It’s not like I had magically teleported my way out of here… I quickly looked myself over in the mirror. Pieces of hair were falling out of my loose bun, so I tucked them behind my ears. The only thing that really mattered to me was that my face wasn’t the color equivalent of a rose. Smoothing my shirt, I breathed out again, and turned the knob. 

“Oh, hey, David. Men’s bathroom is right there,” I said, flashing him a fake smile. He was really the last person I wanted to see at this moment. Excluding Dynamite, I mean. But he didn’t really qualify as a person.

“No, I just wanted to tell you that Dynamite’s in his stall. I untacked him and put him back in his stall…”

How long had I been in there?

“Oh, thanks,” I replied bluntly, not really seeing a need for further conversation.

“He’s a good horse, Kat. You just need a different way to approach him,” David explained to me.

“Thank you, Pat Parelli. I’ll remember that next time I’m getting bucked off at a jump,” I snapped sarcastically, smirking.  David raised his hands in surrender, stepping back.

"Wait, here," he said, digging something out of his back pocket. It was a plain sheet of paper. "I found this a few months ago. I think it suits you," he said quietly with a small smile. With that, he stepped back.

Taking this as a chance to leave, I filed out of the office. I stared the paper down. However, instead of chucking it into the manure pile, I folded it and stuck it into my pocket.

I looked down the aisle skeptically. Should I see Dynamite? Would it be, like, morally wrong not to after what had just happened? I played with my fingers nervously, my helmet looped over my tanned arm.

I headed down to the basement after finally coming to a decision. Tequila always made me feel better in situations like this.

Her head poked out of her dark stall and a tide of reassurance and familiarity swept over me. It was amazing what just a horse could do to you.

“Hey, babe,” I crooned, gently placing my hand on her nose. She snorted in response, pressing her nose further into my hand. It made me laugh, and for a second forget about everything. The feeling was short-lived, but it was enough for me.

“When you get better,” I said to her, braiding a piece of her mane. “I say me and you go for a long trail ride through the forest. “

She tossed her head, ruining her loose braid, but I think it meant that she accepted my invitation.