Lucius Gets Angry

A few more days went by, and I got along well enough. Lucius had to go back to the Crabbe's and get Vincent's gutair and broom-along wiht several toher things- that I decided that i wanted at the last minute. He also continued to care for me as usual. But after a week or so, het old me that he had to go back to work. I cried and begged him to stay, but he said he couldn't.

"Shh... I know you don't want me to go, but I need to go back to work."

"But... you don't need money..." I cried, trying to convence him otherwise. he wrapped his arms aorund me and held me close.

I know, but I own an Apothicary. People need medicine."

"No!" I yelled. "No! Stay here!"

"Shush, Eleanor. You're not going to change my mind. I'm going tommarrow if you throw a tantrum or not. Narcissa will be here, and you've stayed with her at Mungo's. You like Narcissa."

"No!"

"Yes."

"No!" I sobbed into him. "No, don't leave me!" 

"Shh. I'll be back in the afternoon. Narcissa will take good care of you. You know that."

"No...." I pressed my face into him, keeping my eyes closed. Birgo and Orion stood on their hind legs and peeked over the bed.

"You're just tired, Elle. I don't want to hear anything else about it. I'm going to go."

"No..."

"shush. Lay down and try to go to sleep."

"No, you'll leave..." 

"Elle..." He let go of me. "Do what I ask you. Lay down. Calm down, and I will sit in here until you fall asleep."

"Will you stay in here?" I sniffed, laying down.

"Yes, until you fall asleep. t\hen I'm going to my room for the night."

"No..."

"Yes." He handed me Melvin and kissed my forehead. "Just close your eyes and try to sleep. For me."

"Hm...' I moaned. Tears were streaming down my face.

"Sleep." He said again. It was evident that I wasn't going to convence him to stay, so I squeezed Melvin and forced myeslf to sleep.

.........................................................................

I woke up and found msyelf in darkness. Night was peeking through the window. I looked around the room, only to find, with the exception of Virgo and Orion, that I was alone. My chest tightened.

"Lucius...?" I quetioned, hoping that he was actually there and I just couldn't see him. there was no asnwer. "Lucius?" I said again. Still nothing. Orion woke up and looked at me from his bed. "Luci..." I trailed off, begining the cry. I was alone, and I didn't like it. Tehr waso nly one way to fix it.

I got out of bed, tightly hugging my dragon. Orion whimpered as I walked by his bed. Virgo quietlly sniffed. I went to the book shelf on teh other side of the room and pulled otu the certain bok that Lucius had showed me the first night here. the shelf opened, revealign the secret passage way. As he had promised, tourches burned along teh walls, giving off enought light to see. 

I causiously took a step forward. this was the first time I had used the passage way by myself. I stepped forward again, and the shelf lcosed behind me. Now, I had no other choice but to go forward that's where I went. I kept Melvin tightly in my arms as I approached the other end of hte passage. I tapped the places he had showed me. It opened.