Tightening Relationships

Since I was ill, like I was every single Christmas ever, I wasn't allowed to go see Gilderoy that night to exchange gifts. I was very disapointed, but Healer Green assured me that we could do it as soon as I got better. So, I cried, and kept crying until Lucius put me in bed at home and I fell asleep after giving me my Combination and the new Elixer that was given to us for the Flu.

I woke up at least seven times during the night, each time going to Lucius and Narcissa's room and begging them to let me sleep with them. The first few times, Lucius told me no because I was sick, and walked me back to my room. One the fourth go, he decided to stay in my room with me for the night. 

When I woke up for the last time in the morning, I cried, telling him that I was tired and my head hurt. He assured me that he knew I wasn't feeling well, and gave me the two Potiotions, then asked if I wanted to go down for breakfast. I agreed, only becaues I didn't want him to go down stairs and leave me.

Since I was feeling bad on the outside, I was feeling even worse than usual on the inside. Constant fear was in the pit of my stomach, and had no reason behind it. My chest, which contained my heart that was pounding fast than it should have been, was tightened with an abundance of anxiety. My thoughts raced, and images flashed. 

"What would you like to eat?" He asked me as we slowly made our way down to the dinning room. 

"I..." I thought for a moment. "I want toast..."

"Just toast?" He questioned. I nodded my head. 

"Alright. I suppose it's better than eating nothing. You have been eating a lot more lately."

"Uh-huh."

"I'm rpoud of you. Now if only you will behave along with it."

"I do..." I wimpered.

"Yes, you have been behaving better than you had been, but since Andromedia's been here, you have acted terrible." 

"I don't like her." I reminded. 

"Even so you have to learn to tolorate her. She is your family."

"No, she's your family."

"We are adopting you. She's all of our family." he sturnly said, befor entering hte dinning room. Like every morning, everyone wal already there, happily eating. The baby was awake, and the Blood-Traitor was feeding it. Narcissa was nursing a cup of coffee, and Draco was quietly picking at a waffle, looking as if he'd rather be anywhere but there. Lucius sat down beside his wife, and I sat down beside him. 

"Gumby!" He comanded. The Elf appeared infront of us. 

"Yes, master?"

"Bring Elle some toast."

"Yes, master." He nodded, and Disapparated. I looked around as Lucius began pleasant conversation with his family. "Are we doing anything special today for Chrsitmas Eve?"

"I was thinking I would make some cookies today." Narcissa replied, looking at her sister.

"I was thinking the same thing!" The Blood-Traiter exclaimed. The baby burped, then started giggling along with the woman.

"Then I guess that's settled!" Narcissa smiled. I let out a cough. Both woman stopped giggling and looked at me. "I wish you could help usElle, but you're ill. If you bake cookies, you'll get everyone else sick, too."

"I don't want to make stupid cookies..." I crossed my arms around looked down. Why would I want to interact with the stupid Mud-Lover if I didn't have to?

"Eleanor..." Narcissa warned before Lucius could. I rolled my eyes and laid my head on the table. 

"Stay nice and quiet like that, Eleanor." Lucius instructed. I looked back up, just in spite of what he said.