Chapter 39

I walked to the park knowing that I shouldn't yet, I didn't stop. I kept walking forwards. Didn't stop for anything.

As I approached the park, I saw a figure sitting on the bench. I knew who it was. The only human being I would agree to come to the park in the middle of the night for.

When I got closer, Ross got up from the bench quickly — probably heard my footsteps from behind. He smiled as soon as his eyes landed on me.

"Thought you weren't coming." Ross said cockily and a small smirk splattered on his face.

I wanted to argue with him but I didn't. I was tired of all of this. I want it to come to an end. I'm done with all the bullshit.

"Cut to the chase, will you?" I sighed as I approached closer to Ross and sat down on the bench, "tell me why you wanted me here."

"Well," Ross took a seat next to me, "I wanted to make sure you weren't mad at me."

Me? Mad? At him? Ha, when am I not?

"For?" I asked curiously. I had an idea of what he was referring to, but my mind wondered what he would say.

"The main reason of today — Camille," Ross scooted closer to me, making me less comfortable than I already was, "Sam, Camille and I are just friends. I-"

"I don't care," I cut him off, taking him by surprise, "you can be whatever you want with her, okay? You can be whatever you want with Stacey. Hell, you can be whatever you want with anyone!" I exploded at that moment, taking myself by surprise.

I never realized how much anger and sadness I had built up within me till today.

"I don't care if it's girls or guys." I finished off. By this point, I was standing up but I felt like I was on the ground.

"What are you talking about? Sam, you're-"

"'The only girl for me'? Yeah, heard that one before." I scoffed at his pathetic response. Everything he says is overrated and used one too many times.

"Okay, what the fuck is wrong with you?" I could hear that Ross was getting a little fed up, and I didn't care at the moment. That's exactly what I wanted him to feel.

"What's wrong with me?" I asked, my voice sounding offended, "what's wrong with you? You just think you can use me whenever you want? You lure me in, thinking that we'll be more than beneficial friendships but that's a lie! Everything you say is a lie!"

"Not when I said that I loved you." Ross argued back, his voice softening a little by each word.

"How do I know that that wasn't a lie?" I crossed my arms, staring him straight in his pupils.

"It's not," Ross walked closer to me, "I mean it, Sam. You mean everything to me. I love you, always have."

Ross cupped my face with his hands and made me look at him. His light hazel eyes were shinny, like if he were about to burst into tears any second.

He slowly caressed my cheeks and smiled once in a while. We stayed like that for a minute or so. I was unable to move because I didn't want to. The moment was too beautiful to ruin. Yet, I didn't want it to last.

"Ross," I moved his hands away from me, "I- I can't say the same. I don't love you. I did before, but right now, I just don't."

Ross bit his lip and stepped a few feet away, "so what? You're going to go back to Riker? So he can bang another girl behind your back? That's it?"

The fact that he brought Riker into this pissed me off. It wasn't a topic to just throw around like a hot potato. It hurt my feelings whenever someone brought the subject up.

"No, of course not," I defended myself, "I just think I need time off. Zero relationships. No contact with you or Riker."

"And you think that's the best option here?" Ross questioned, "why don't you love me? Am I doing something wrong?"

I looked down at the ground, "I just think you're not in love with me. You just want my body. Not me." I took a deep breath before speaking again, "you and I need time. That's it."

Ross and I stayed standing up for a few seconds before I started walking away and to my home.

This time, Ross didn't do anything to stop me. I heard footsteps going the opposite direction from me.

Time, that's all we need.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

short chapter, whatever.

okay, update! here u go

sorry for spelling or grammar mistakes

it's 3am, gimme some slack