Chapter 34

I walked out of the school with my head low and my hoodie practically covering my whole face. I pulled my textbooks closer to me as a breeze came by and made me shiver a little.

October was almost ending, making November come by. In California, things were starting to get a little chilly.

I sighed as I saw a couple against the wall of the school making-out and how the girl tangled her fingers in his hair. Like how I did with Riker.

I looked away rapidly as I felt my eyes getting watery. I pushed them away for I made a promise to never cry for a heartless guy. Therefore, I completely cut my friendship with all the Lynches. Yeah, I know. What did Mark, Stormie, Rydel, Ross, Rocky and Ryland have to do with all of this?

Nothing but that's the thing. I know Riker would want to 'make this up to me' and will use his siblings to interact with me. But if I don't talk to any of them, he won't get to me. If there was a better solution, I couldn't find it. It hurts me to stop talking to the rest.

Actually, I lied.

I still talk to Rydel. I couldn't stop talking to her. I tried for a week, but failed miserably because she was the one I always talked about my feelings and it was eating me inside to not tell it to anybody. I couldn't trust Brandon or mom. They would have murdered Riker.

I walked on the sidewalk, avoiding any human beings near me.

Brandon stayed after school to finish a test that he skipped or failed, I don't remember. So I had to walk alone to school.

I wasn't scared, the neighborhood was pretty calm and relaxing. I could stroll by here and not even an ant will bug me. It's soothing to be here.

I felt my phone vibrate against my thigh where I had it in my front pocket of my pants. I wonder who it would be because my mom was working, Brandon barely started his test, no way he would be done by now, and I don't have anyone's number except:

Rydel.

The screen lit up with Rydel's text message.

R: hey, how you holding up?

I stopped walking to text her back.

S: I've been the same. you know, it's hard getting over your first boyfriend that cheated on you with some girl

R: want me to come over and talk this out? u know I hate my brother with all my guts. I thought he was better than this :(

S; thanks, Rydel but I have lots of homework. maybe tomorrow?

R: sure. I'll be here if you need me :)

I stuffed my phone back in my pants' pockets and continued walking to my house with no disturbance whatsoever.

I opened the door to my house and let out a huge sigh as soon as I closed the door behind me. The comfort and silence of the house filling my ear drums. I love being home alone.

I walked up to my room and threw all of my stuff on my messy bed, since I had zero time making my bed this morning.

I decided to take a quick shower because knowing that I had so much homework, I was limited on time today. I literally had no time to do anything except all the crap due the next day from today.