38

Excuse any mistakes. Another chapter is on the way. I will just publish this one while I continue to write the other so you guys can have something to read.

Victoria

I walked into Danny's room and over to his bedside then kissed his cheek.

"I'm so happy your okay." I said

"Me too." He said smiling.

"Do you know who did this?"

"No, but after I get healed up, imma get to the bottom of it. I want to get the niggas that shot at me."

"No. Your not going after anybody. You have a child on the way and a woman to take care of. If something happens to you, then what would she do?" I asked.

He looked at me and then down with a sigh.

"You right. I got a lot to lose."

"You do. And another thing, you need to get out these streets and move away. You've been through enough here. And I'll be willing to help."

"I was thinking the same thing, but no. You've helped me enough V. Besides, I got a lot of money saved up to move already."

I nodded. Shona walked in and she smiled when she saw me. I walked over to her and gave her a hug. It had been a while since we've seen each other and I missed her. Ever since I've met her, we've been close. She's like a little sister to me.

"Aww Victoria, it's been a while. I've missed you."

"I missed you too. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"And my niece?" I touched her stomach.

"Everything is alright." She smiled.

"Good."

I decided to spend a few more hours at the hospital before I made my way to mama and daddy's house and straight up the stairs to my old room. I took a quick shower and got dressed. I haven't been home since mama's funeral and everything brings back memories.

I made my way downstairs and turned on the living room light. I grabbed the photo albums and sat on the sofa. I began looking through it and took a trip down memory lane.

I came across a picture of mama and I. It was my high school graduation, which was a few years back. I still remember that day. Next I came across a picture of mama next to me holding Sonny.

Everything happened so fast. I thought the cancer was gone , but you can never be sure. Now mama's gone. I still talk to mama though. Sometimes in my dreams, I see her and we talk. Call me crazy, but I do.

She always tells me to keep pushing on, to keep working hard, and to always keep my head up. Mama, my family, and the man above keeps me going.

I snapped out of my thoughts and grabbed a tissue off the table. I didn't even notice that I was crying. Daddy was just walking in also.

"What's wrong babygirl?" He asked.

"Just thinking about mama." I sniffed.

He sat next to me and wrapped his around me.

"Yeah. You know it's been almost a year, and doesn't even feel like she is gone. It's strange."

"I feel the same way."

"But at least she's resting now. No more pain and suffering." Daddy said.

"Right. I miss her."

"Me too. It's not the same without her."

"It isn't." I sighed. "Well I'm gonna get to bed. I love you."

I kissed his cheek and he pulled me into a hug.

"I love you too."

Do you guys any suggestions for the book?🙌🏾