29

Excuse any mistakes.

Victoria

Odell and I were just getting back to our hotel when I got a call from Mimi. I sat my bags down and answered it.

"Hey." I said sitting down on the bed.

"Victoria I need you and Odell to get home now."

"What's wrong? Is everything ok?" I slipped off my shoes.

"No. You need to get to down here. Mama is in the hospital. She's not doing too well. I'll explain everything when you get here. Just catch a flight home."

"Alright. I'll catch a flight home by tonight."

And I thought things couldn't get worse. Mama is in the hospital again.

I hung up my phone and with all my might , I threw it across the room. It hit the wall and it broke into pieces. Odell walked out the bathroom and looked at me, then my phone on the ground.

"What's wrong?" He asked sitting next to me.

"We need to get home. I don't care what we have to do, but I need to catch a flight out tonight. My mom is in the hospital, again."

I threw my bag on the bed and began putting my clothes into it. Odell began packing his bags. All I wanted to do was get home and to my mom.

Odell

We rushed into the hospital and to the elevator. As soon as we got here, we headed straight to the hospital. Once we got to the room we walked in and Victoria ran over to her mom.

"Hey mama. Are you okay? What did they say?" Victoria asked.

"I'm ok." She said. She looked at me and smiled. "Hey son."

"Hey mama." I walked over to her and kissed her cheek. I sat down in the chair next to her bed and Victoria sat on my lap.

The doctor soon walked in and we all have him our full attention. I was anxious of what she had to say, because things could be even worst at this point.

"Hello everyone. I'm Dr.Owens."

"Hello." Everyone says.

"So what is going on with my mother?"

"I'm afraid it's gotten worse. Her cancer is spreading. That's why she's been in a lot of pain lately. She also has blood clots. At this point, there's nothing we can do for her."

"Please tell me your kidding." Victoria said.

"No. I'm afraid your mother has one of the worst cases I've seen and there's no cure. Of course we do chemo again, but it won't work too well. I'm sorry." She said before walking out the room.

Victoria's grandmother walked into the room with the kids. Victoria began to cry, as well as everyone around me. It hurts me a lot to hear this. Danny walked out the room. I wonder where is Joshua?

Danny

I walked out the door and spotted Mama's Doctor not too far from the room. She was sitting at a table by herself. I walked over to her and sat across from her. She looked like something was bothering her.

"You alright?" I asked her.

She shook her head. "Of course not. You know how hard it is for me to do what I just done?" She said. "It's not easy."

"Dr. Owens it's not your fault, you've done all you could've done for my mama. I appreciate you for all of that."

"Thanks Daniel." She smiled.

"You welcome Mrs.Owens."

We hugged and I headed back to mama's room. My phone began ringing so I answered it and put my phone up to my ear.

"You have a collect call from Cook County Department of Corrections, do you accept the charges?"

I sighed. "I guess."

"Yo Dan, it's Joshua." I heard Josh say through the phone.

"Josh why in the hell are you calling me from jail?"

"I got arrested."

"Obviously. What you got arrested for?"

"Resisting arrest."

I sighed. "Really?"

"Yes really. Look I need you to come and get me."

"I should let your ass stay in there, you lucky you my baby brother. I'll be there."

"Alright."

I hung up my phone and put it back in my pocket. It's bad enough that my mother is in the hospital, but now my brother is in jail, and all the way in Chicago at that.