22

Victoria

I saw Savannah pull up and I got so excited to my baby. After two months, she's here. I walked out the door and Hannah got out of car. Once she seen me, she lost it. She dropped her things and ran over to me.

"Mommy!" She yelled.

She hugged me and I hugged her back. I kissed her cheek.

"Hey baby girl. I missed you." I said.

"I missed you too."

"Daddy is inside waiting for you." I pointed towards the door.

She nodded and ran into the house. I walked over to Savannah.

"Hey Victoria." She said picking up Hannah's things.

"Hey." I said.

"How have you been? Is the baby ok?"

"I've been good. The baby is fine. I'm due very soon."

"That's great. But I wanted to talk to you."

I nodded."Okay. What's up."

"Well, I wanted to know if Hannah could stay with you. It doesn't mean that I'm giving her to you because I also want to build a relationship with her. But I want to every once in awhile take her to spend time with me. Hannah love you a lot. And staying with me, I know she's not happy. I'm not even happy at home. So I'm trying to still get some things together."

I noticed that she had on glasses and long clothes in the summer time. And I saw that her face was swollen. She tried to cover it with her hair but I saw it.

I grabbed her arm gently and raised up her sleeves to see bruises on her wrist. I removed her hair and studied her bruised cheek and the bruised spots on her neck. The last thing I removed was her glasses that revealed a black eye.

"Why are you trying to hide this?" I asked.

She started to cry and I pulled her into a hug. Sure, Savannah haven't always gotten along, but we're trying to for Hannah. Besides, I hate to see a person cry. No telling how long this has been going on.

"How long?"

"A few years. Andrew has been having some issues and he gets drunk. And when he does he gets angry. I don't want my baby to get hurt."

"Savannah you can't keep letting him hit you. You need to leave."

She shook her head. "I can't leave him."

"Do you want him to keep hurting you?"

She shook her head.

"Well you need to get yourself together and leave."

"Ok."

I hugged her again and rubbed her back.

"It's gonna be okay stop crying."

"Victoria your a very sweet person. Thanks."

"Thank you, and your welcome." She handed me Hannah's stuff and got into her car. I went inside and went up to her room. She was playing with her toys and watching tv.

"Hannah were getting ready to go." I said.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"You'll see. Let's go."

We walked back downstairs and Odell had already put our bags in the car. I put Hannah in and strapped her up then proceeded to get into the car. We got into the car and headed towards our first stop.