twenty three

sUrpRISE ok wow I really need to study for exams see y'all in a week

       "So are you nervous?" Taehyung asked through a mouthful of chicken. Jimin shrugged and ate a little piece of his own food, but he wasn't really hungry. There were two days left until his hearing, and he'd spent all of Monday laying in bed cuddling with Yoongi's pajama pants, and most of Tuesday trying to figure out what was going on between Jungkook and Taehyung.

       "I guess." Jimin muttered, poking around at his food. Taehyung sighed and rested his hands over Jimin's fidgeting ones. Jimin looked up, his lip quivering as he shook his head. "I feel like I'm disappointing everyone."

      "What do you mean?" Taehyung asked, eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "I think everyone is happy that you're finding yourself and are happy."

       "Except Seokjin hyung doesn't want me to leave, and neither do my parents. If I don't keep my wings they'll want me to stay here and I don't know if I can leave them again." Jimin swiped below his eyes, laughing dryly and shaking his head. "Why am I fucking crying? This is so stupid, oh my god."

        Jimin flopped his head down on the table, barely missing his plate of food. Taehyung pushed it out of the way and scooted his chair around the table so he could sit next to Jimin. He rested his hand on Jimin's back and frowned at his best friend, who was shaking his head, probably making marks on his forehead from the pattern on the table.

"Jimin, listen to me," Taehyung said, pulling Jimin away from the table by the hair on the back of his head. Jimin winced and looked over at Taehyung, bottom held between his teeth to keep his chin from moving. "Don't feel pressured to stay if you aren't happy. I know that I said everyone would kill to be in your position, but that's not completely true. The people here that have made a life for themselves, your parents, Seokjin hyung, they're all not going to understand why you want to leave. But here's the thing, Jimin, they don't need to understand."

Taehyung stopped, took a breath, and looked at Jimin to make sure he was listening. Jimin nodded weakly and Taehyung continued. "As long as you're happy, Jimin, we're happy. Whether you're happy here, wingless living with your kooky aunt and working for Seokjin hyung, or in the mortal world wasting your days wrapped around a boy who makes you feel like his whole world, we all just want you to do what makes you the happiest."

Jimin laughed and looked a Taehyung, a sort of adoration in his eyes. "You know, Tae, you're kind of an idiot but sometimes you do the word thing pretty well."

Taehyung laughed and smiled, showing all his teeth as he leant forward and gave Jimin a hug, holding him tightly for a second before pulling away. "Yeah, I do that sometimes. Wanna come play video games with me and Kookie? You can go put on pajamas and then come to my room."

Jimin wrinkled his nose, "are you sure I want to sit on your bed? I've noticed that Jungkook's room has been strangely empty since we got home..."

Taehyung punched Jimin's shoulder, sending him falling off his stool onto the ground. It wasn't like the time Taehyung had punched him in the face, this time he was laughing and there was a blush on his face and he was refusing to make eye contact with anyone, Jimin included. "Shut up, okay? H-he doesn't want anyone to know."

"Oh my god!" Jimin practically squealed, jumping off the floor and wrapping Taehyung in a hug, spinning him around while Taehyung attempted to kick him. "This is so cute, I've been lowkey behind this relationship forever."

"Jimin, shut up and go get on your pajamas. Be in my room in fifteen." Jimin nodded and practically skipped to his room, happy that Taehyung had finally removed his blindfold to see how utterly in love with him Jungkook was. When Jimin's bedroom doors opened he saw that there were clothes thrown on his bed, and his heart dropped into his stomach.