eleven

Jimin stared at the bow and arrows in his hand, debating if he broke it and sent a faulting arrow in both Hoseok and Taehyung's directions if it'd reverse the spell. He decided to give it a shot and broke one of the arrows over his leg. He shot the pointed end at Hoseok and turned abruptly to shoot the other side at Taehyung. Taehyung flinched as it hit his back, but showed no other signs of acknowledgment as he curled into Hoseok's side.

"There has to be some way to fix this," Jimin muttered to himself. He looked down at Hoseok's file. It said that he hated snakes, but so did Taehyung, so getting the latter to buy one is completely out of the question. If Jimin was being honest with himself, the two were a perfect match for each other. Jimin sighed.

"I think we should give them a taste of their own medicine." Yoongi is suddenly whispering in his ear and Jimin jumps back, slamming the file closed.

"What do you mean?" Jimin asked, trying to turn around without revealing the file on the counter. Yoongi stepped closer to him before he had time to gain his bearings, and the close proximity made his head hurt.

"Well, dweedle dee and dweedle dumb are too busy with themselves to hang out with us anymore, so what if..." Yoongi trailed off for a second, as if reconsidering his idea before he continued. "What if we're too busy with each other to hang out with them?"

"What... what are you insinuating?" Jimin asked, throat dry. If this was headed anywhere near where he thought it was headed, he was going to have a very pissed Seokjin on his hands. Jimin all but died inside when Yoongi grabbed his hand.

"Look, you're cute, alright? I don't see the harm in at least trying to act more coupley than they are to try and get them to snap out of it." Yoongi said. Jimin couldn't think, not with Yoongi's cold hand pressed into his warm palm, definitely not with the older so close to him.

"So what I'm hearing," Jimin started, throat screaming out in protest. He needed water. And maybe a defibrillator. "Is that you only want to date me to get back at Hoseok."

The guilty look on Yoongi's face was enough for Jimin, and knowing that Yoongi wasn't actually interested in him made him feel better. He could do this fake dating thing, tell Seokjin it was for the sake of the mission, and maybe get some good cuddles out of it. It was a win-win-win. Yoongi was opening his mouth again, probably to say to forget it, when Jimin pushed his fingers through Yoongi's own and smiled at him.

"Let's get our friends back, shall we?" And my wings. Jimin thought silently.

They were going on a double date. Jimin was nervous as hell as he tried to pick out an outfit, while Taehyung was practically bouncing off the walls with excitement. He was jumping on the bed, then sprinting down Jimin's narrow hallway, then jumping behind Jimin to try and get a better look in his closet.

"Taehyung!" Jimin snapped, dropping the hanger he was holding, baby blue shirt falling unceremoniously onto the ground. Taehyung stopped and looked at Jimin, a sheepish grin on his face. "Could you chill for two seconds? And maybe get dressed? They'll be here soon."

"I am dressed, Jimin. You should be the one rushing. Just put on those jeans you like so much and a nice shirt. We're not going anywhere fancy, Hobi hyung said that we're going to the arcade." Taehyung said, all traces of hyperness gone. Jimin sighed and did exactly that, put on his favorite pair of black jeans and a striped shirt. Taehyung all but giggled when he saw that Jimin was trying to do something with his hair. "It looks fine, Jiminie, don't worry."