twenty

y'all need to start reading my message board so i don't have to add these authors notes that probably piss you guys off ;;;
yes or no – cupid subplot that makes it 3-5 chapters longer or cut straight to the point
[ difference would be 30-32 chapters as opposed to 27-28 ]
also this is early bc i wrote five 1,500+ chapters today *sparkle emoji*

Really, he shouldn't be surprised. He's not, not really. Jimin wasn't surprised but he was so caught up in his own feelings that when Seokjin told him it was time to start packing all he could do to keep himself from crying was yell in disbelief. But he wasn't surprised, not really.

       Yoongi was surprised the next day when he snuck through Jimin's window to see the younger laying on his bed, clothes strewn about his room haphazardly. Jimin hadn't said anything to him, merely opened up his arms and Yoongi had fallen into the hug without resistance. They laid there for a while, Yoongi stroking Jimin's back as the younger sniffled into his shoulder.

       "Wanna talk about it?" Yoongi had asked, his voice muffled against Jimin's hair. Jimin had only shaken his head and they laid together for a few more hours, until Seokjin came in and asked if they wanted lunch. He too looked upset, and Yoongi wanted to ask what the hell was going on, but he kept his mouth shut and gladly accepted the sandwiches Seokjin offered them ten minutes later.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, Jimin pulled back from Yoongi's chest and laid his chin on Yoongi's arm. At this point, Yoongi was half asleep, the repetition of rubbing Jimin's back and the younger's soft breathing doing a well enough job of lulling him into dreamland. When Jimin nudged him slightly with his head Yoongi opened his eyes, snapping to attention when he noticed how sad Jimin looked.

"Seokjin hyung is making me go back home." Jimin said quietly. Yoongi looked down at him, a frown etched into his face. "But - and I'm not making any promises - but I don't think I'll be able to stay there for very long, so I think I'll have to come back."

       Yoongi stayed quiet for a minute, letting the information mull over in his brain. Jimin held his breath, sure that Yoongi would just leave him like that, because if it was Jimin that's what he would do. He would leave and never turn back because falling in love then being forcefully ripped away from the very thing in which you had just admitted to yourself would make anyone–

Jimin was pulled away from his inner mantra when Yoongi pushed his hair away from his face. "It's okay, Jimin. Don't worry about it, I'll help you pack, okay?" Jimin pushed his face into Yoongi's chest and shook his head.

"I don't want to pack, I want to crawl into a hole and die." Yoongi laughed and wrapped his arms around Jimin's waist, pulling him up into the sitting position.

"Don't be dramatic, Jimin." Yoongi said, pulling Jimin's legs around his waist so Jimin was in his lap. Jimin pouted and Yoongi reached up to squish his cheeks. "Look, if you think you'll be back sometime, then we'll meet up when you get back. If you don't come back, well, then the past three months of my life have been pretty damn great."

       "I don't want to leave, though! I don't want there to be a 'if you come back,' I want there to be like a, like a when you come back or something like a promise that I'm not going to be stuck there forever!" Jimin practically yelled, gripping onto Yoongi's shirt and shaking him back and forth. Yoongi was semi-lost but he figured he should let Jimin just get it all out. "And then if I do come back, I'm a failure! And, and I just can't decide if I'm going the right thing or not because I feel good for like the first time ever, but this isn't what I'm supposed to be doing and–"