seven

Jimin sat on his bed, listening through the wall to Hoseok and Taehyung's conversation. They had come up with a new method for getting Yoongi and Hoseok together – jealousy. Jimin was sceptical so Taehyung had told him not to worry about it, that he was the best matchmaker they'd seen in years, Jimin! and that he'd take care of everything.

Hoseok was laughing hysterically, and Jimin could hear Taehyung's embarrassed giggles following right after. Jimin groaned and laid back on his bed, not really seeing the point in the whole ordeal. The only thing jealousy was going to accomplish was driving Hoseok away from Yoongi and – right into Taehyung's arms.

"Sneaky little shit!" Jimin said, running a hand through his hair. Taehyung had been acting different since day one, being all blushy and stuttery and completely un-Taehyung like. Jimin wished there was a way to call Seokjin, tell him that Taehyung was messing things up more than he was, but there was nothing he could do.

Jimin stood up and grabbed his house keys, ready to march over to Yoongi's apartment and pull Taehyung out by his ears, but a knock at his window stopped him. He glanced outside and Yoongi was hanging off his balcony, house keys in his mouth. Jimin opened his window and pulled Yoongi inside, trying not to pull his arms out of socket.

"I have a front door, you know." Jimin said once Yoongi was sitting safely on his bed.

"Do you really think I wanted to leave my room with tweedle dee and tweedle dumb over there, giggling up a storm? No thank you." Yoongi rolled his eyes and Jimin could sense just how exasperated he was. Maybe the jealousy tactic would work after all. "Anyway, I came over here to ask if you wanted to hang out. I brought Mario Kart."

       Yoongi reached into the front of his pants and pulled out the Mario Kart disk. Jimin couldn't help the laugh that escaped him, because how random is it that someone would bring over just the disk rather than the whole case. Yoongi laughed too, as if he realized just how odd it really was before tossing the disk on the bed.

       "I'm actually kind of mad," Yoongi started. Jimin looked at him expectantly, and the older boy sighed. "I've known Hoseok for nine years and I've never heard him laugh like that. It just irks me that some random purple haired kid – no offense, sorry – can make him laugh harder in one day than I have in nine years."

       Jimin almost felt the same way. He was upset that, after not seeing him for weeks, Taehyung wanted to hang out with a stranger rather than his best friend. However, the difference was that Jimin knew his lack of time with Taehyung was due to work, while Yoongi was left in the dark. "If it's any consolation, Taehyung hasn't seen me in three weeks and would rather hang out with your best friend rather than me."

       "Maybe we should boycott." Yoongi offered, sitting up from his position against the wall. "You and me against them. We can be new best friends, two, well, four in this case, can play at that game."

Jimin wanted to shake his head, wanted to scream no! That's a horrible idea do you not realize that my wings are at stake?! but instead he nodded and leant back on his bed. "Yeah, we should. Show them that if they're going to be new best friends, we can be best friends without them."

"And then Hoseok will come crawling back to me, and you can get Taehyung back. Easy peasy." Jimin was less than thrilled to find out that he was just being used in a plan to get Hoseok back, but at the same time he couldn't be too upset, for Hoseok and Yoongi were only pawns in his chess game to get his wings back.

      "What's something you usually do with Taehyung?" Yoongi asked. Jimin shrugged and tried to think about things they did that were semi-normal. Flying was definitely off the list, as was baking with the fairies or trying to get Namjoon flushed in front of Seokjin so his magic would fall out of him in glittery strands. (It always made him laugh, how Namjoon tired his hardest to be manly yet he secreted glitter when he was nervous.)