Chapter 15: New Guards Part II

Wanted

                                                                                                Chapter 15:

                                                                           He who walked the path of hell

                                                                          who didn't know what we will tell

                                                                              accused of committing a crime

                                                                        only he knows what goes on in his mind

                                                                            by the winter solstice it shall appear

                                                                                  and let everyone finally hear

        The king had succeeded in bringing out the monster that slept inside him. The monster that slept Nico. Percy knew each and one of them had a dark side, he just had to choose the right tactic to use. They were all playing a game he controlled. A game that left the final decision all to him, he would decide at the end whether they have won or lost. And they have already been defeated.

-

         Beads of sweat were dropping from Annabeth's forehead by the time Percy called on her name.

         "Good luck, facing him." Piper patted her shoulder.

         Annabeth nodded and tightened her grip on her dagger's hilt. "Thanks. I'll need it." She could feel her heart  pounding inside her ribcage, her stomach was being tied into untanglbe knots. She took a deep breath and marched out into the arena.

         She was met with shouts and even cheers from the tumultous crowd. She came to a halt from her slow pace and stood in the middle.

         The amusement in Percy's eyes was ascertainable as ever, his smirk was wide and obvious on his face as well. He raised his hand for silence, the crowd fulfilled his command.

        "Hope you're ready Annabeth. I had a special one prepared for you."  She could hear his voice whisper in her mind. He was deceiving her, she wouldn't attend to his wishes not matter what.

         Dust began to rise in front of her and circulate around her. It left her and formed into a shape in front of her.

         The dust rose into the shape of a man. He wore all black and black raven hair covered his head. His eyes were literal red. It made sense to Annabeth. Percy had brought a monster that would show her, her fear. She had to fight what she feared the most.

         No one else would see what she saw. It was her against him. The thing she deeply and secretly feared. The boy she loved, Percy Jackson.

         She stumbled backwards at the sudden surprise. She couldn't lie to herself, she loved him. She did, but she feared him. She feared what he could do or that he could break her heart.

         Percy drew out his sword and attacked forward. He swiped his sword in front of her, she tried to step back but was too late. A small cut began to bleed in her stomach.