Chapter 8: The killing games part II

Narrator's POV:

Terror lay above the defeated ones like the invisible mist. Horror and betrayal was plastered across their faces. Knowing one of them was going to get hurt, hurt even more like a blade slicing across your chest , the type of pain that you feel before the real pain begins. The future was all they can think about as they marched towards the North's station. None of them said a word, they kept to themselves.

Who knew what they were thinking? That they could fit in? That they could beat this place? Trap or lure its people? How come? Is that even possible? Is it possible to catch your prey when really their the predator and your the one being hunted? No. It's impossible. Darkness and evil circles inside of them like blood circled in them. How could they lure the darkness when really it lured them. They were truly defeated.

But darkness circled them from every direction, they were the only source of light around here. Like a dark room with only one candle in the middle, surrounded by so much darkness. So much it can swallow them and make them darkness themselves. Why? Because darkness already lied in one of them, one of the ones who are known to be the light.

Frank's POV:

"Frank your officially dead." Leo reminded me as we climbed up the hill to our station.

"Thanks for the tip buddy." I grumbled.

"Don't be so negative. It's easy."

I stopped in my tracks. "I might get whipped? What's easy about that?"

"Well," he said, "all you have to do is avoid Vincent the whole game."

"You say that as if its easy. And plus I don't want to look weak. I want to fight him."

"See! Your the one getting yourself into trouble!"

"Leo don't let me turn into a Dragon and burn you alive!"

He raised his eyebrows and laughed, "hello teddy bear! Immune to fire! Forgot?" he laughed.

I rolled my eyes, "whatever," and walked away.

"Wait! I have a better idea?"

I stopped and looked back, "make this fast."

"Make it look like Vincent came to you. Don't go running to him. You be the prey, him the predator. In that case Percy might only punish him."

Who knew that Santa Latino elf could be strong. "For once your smart Latino elf."

"Why thank you I- HEY! Don't call me that!"

"Sure, whatever you say." We continued climbing up the hill, when we reached we could see the forest below us, a sea red blood dripping trees. You can see movement in the shadows sometimes, sounds, the monsters. This will be fun.

Annabeth's POV:

When we made it to our station Atlanta started sorting us into offense and defense. Me, Frank, Nico and Jason were playing offense, Piper, Hazel and Leo defense. I didn't want Frank playing offense, he might end up face to face with Vincent, I wanted to ask Atlanta to change his position, but as the North's station leader, it was her choice and I knew she would refuse.

"Okay gather up!" she yelled, "in any minute the horn will be blown, once it goes on the offense run with me to the woods the defense you take your positions, the ones using bows and arrows hide in the trees, it would be helpful. If one of us finds the flag, the flag's color will appear in the sky which will give us a signal to retreat to our station. If one of us does find it, its our job to protect him or her and make sure they cross the border safely, beware from the monsters as well, sometimes the flag is with them. Do I make myself clear?" she asked.

Everyone nodded in agreement. The defense took their positions, while we waited for the horn to be blown.

For a minute silence filled the island, then the sound came and filled the island, making it come alive.

Atlanta shouted and charged, us following behind her.

As we ran our way down the hill we were able to hear the South's battle screams. Every minute their sounds became louder. We reached an opening between the trees, a battle field, perfect.

The South's shadows appeared they ran into the clearing and without hesitation for even a second, war took place.

Battle cries and the slashing of weapons was all I could hear, somehow it helped me focus on my opponent. It was Vanessa. She was obviously more skilled being trained for thousands of years but me being immortal helped. My reflexes were faster, my kicks were stronger and I held my sword with more confidence. I didn't focus on what was happening in my surroundings. And I could tell Vanessa was growing tired.

She slashed her spear towards me but I ducked and my sword hit her knee, she screamed and dropped to the ground. Only way to get rid of her, was to kill her. She would disappear and appear in her cabin safe, though I wish not. I pinned her to the ground while she used her last urge of energy to push me away but failed. "Not so skilled are you?!" I laughed.

I raised my knife above her chest, our eyes met. Fear. Fear is what filled her eyes, she wasn't going to really die she knew that right? But she was afraid of the pain. It was obvious. I hesitated for a moment but I bought it down, knowing she would have done the same to me. Her screeching scream filled my ears, she was slowly fading, until nothing but blood stayed in her place.

I stood up and finally got the full image of the battle. Fighting. Slashing and blood was all I can see. It was either two people fighting or a group I couldn't spot any of my friends anywhere, they must be in the woods searching for the flag, who knows they might be slashing at a monster this instant. But my focus stayed on one person.

She fought like a demon. An assassin. A warrior. Octavia. Daughter of Ares. Back at camp kids feared Clarisse, but even Clarisse would fall to her knees in front of her. She had about forty people fighting her at once, but while her forty opponents were filled with blood she didn't even have a scratch. One by one they fill and disappeared. She didn't stop nor hesitate.

Once she was done, she caught me looking, left alone in battle, no one fighting me. She smiled and saw her chance. She was coming for me.

Its never wrong to go the other direction, never wrong. I turned and ran to the forest where more trouble lied, I could sense her coming after me, I reached a small space between the trees, tured and stopped.

Octavia came into the clearing and stopped. "Finally I'll get to do what My lord asked me to do," she laughed. Even though she was evil, sweaty and dangerous she was seriously pretty. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh will your old boyfriend," she laughed, "doesn't really like you anymore doesn't he?" she smirked.

My eyes stung with tears, I thought some part of him was still there. "What did he ask you to do?" I yelled.

She laughed and glanced at her sword that was smeared with blood, "Percy asked me to make sure you feel death." And she charged towards me.

Jason's POV:

The minute the South appeared and the battle began I charged into the woods, I wanted to keep a low profile in the game, but I didn't know how everyone wanted me dead. I wanted to find the flag, give the signal and get out, before Frank is face to face with Vincent. The problem was I lost him the minute the game began. I promised Hazel to look out for him, but being the idiot I am I lost him. There's no time to go and find him, the only way to do it is to finish the game faster. I have to find the flag.

I have to. Frank depends on it. But I couldn't figure out which way to go, the sounds of battle and monsters didn't help. I hope Piper is okay.

I searched through the woods, no monster or camper came in my way, I was lucky. But unlucky, its impossible to find the flag in this place. The wind blew, I shivered in my place even though I was wearing a jacket the wind was too strong tonight. And then it clicked. The wind. I can find the flag, all I have to do is follow the wind. Follow the wind.

Author's note:

HEYYYYYYY GUYSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! Hope you liked the chapter! Sorry if it was bad. Anyway next chapter is the last part of the game, hopefully. There's still more to this story. AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 2K READS YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!