Chapter Twenty-Five

Harry planned on staying in bed the day after. He ignored Niall's calls and concerned texts. It was Wednesday, which meant classes and homework and school but he just didn't care. He felt so heartbroken that Niall cheated on him. Well, it wasn't really cheating... But they had probably kissed and the other boy gave Niall a rose and... Oh, Harry didn't even know what to think about it. Maybe he was overreacting. 

Harry sighed and squeezed his eyes closed. He wished the thoughts could just stop. He was getting tired of the constant ache in his chest. And moping around wasn't helping. So, Harry dragged his body out of his warm bed and hopped in the shower. He took a long hot shower, since he had already given up on going to class, and put on some comfortable clothes. 

His stomach grumbled so Harry threw a quick glance in the mirror and was glad to see that his puffy, red eyes had faded, before heading out to grab some breakfast, or rather lunch since in it was already past 12.

Naturally, he went to the closest Starbucks to grab a sandwich and some good coffee. He sat down and stared ahead of him with dull eyes. He finished his sandwich slowly and he was about to swallow the last bite when someone tapped him on his shoulder.

'''Harry?'' Harry heard the oh so familiar voice say. Harry’s head swiftly turned around.

''Niall,'' Harry replied coldly.

''Why are you not answering my texts or calls? I was worried,'' Niall said and went to sit next to Harry. 

Harry didn't answer and looked at his lap. Niall sat next to him silently and reached over to grab Harry's hand. Before he could touch Harry's hands, Harry sprang up and walked away, tears welling up in his eyes. How could Niall act like everything was alright?

Niall sat there as he watched Harry walk away. He thought about his date with Zayn the previous day and prayed that Harry hadn't seen them. But that would answer Harry's behaviour. Niall suddenly felt his chest tighten. He knew why Harry was being so cold towards him. Harry had seen him with Zayn and jumped into conclusions. Niall could punch himself for being so stupid. Of course Harry had seen them. He couldn't stand the thought of losing Harry but he didn't know how to explain what had happened the other day either. He felt so stupid. He knew Harry was vulnerable and then he does something like that. He felt like a shitty boyfriend. 

Niall jumped up from his seat and practically ran back to the record shop. He needed a good talk with Liam. Maybe he knew what to do.

''Liam, I need you,'' Niall panted as he arrived in the empty shop.

''Oh, ehh, alright,'' Liam turned his attention to Niall. ''Spill.''

''I fucked up,'' Niall stated.

''What?'' Liam frowned.

''Ugh, Liam, I fucked up with Harry,'' Niall yelled desperately.

''What?! How? What did you do?'' Liam asked confused.