Chapter Nine

''Aww.''

"That's so cute!"

"Aw, look at them."

Niall woke up to the sound of his friends gushing over something and he really didn't care what. All he knew that he was still tired and he was just so comfortable

"Oh, shh, he's awake," Niall heard Liam say.

Niall raised his head to look where the sound came from because they were obviously talking about him. He slowly opened his eyes and immediately saw his three friends in the opening of his and Harry's tent.

"The fuck?" Niall mumbled confused.

"Ah, I see you're quite comfortable, hm?" Louis pointed to Niall and Harry's position.

Niall now understood what they were talking about. He and Harry were still in the same position as last night. Niall spooning Harry and Harry's hand tightly holding Niall's to pull him even closer. 

"Ugh, it's too early for this. Get the fuck out," Niall hid his face behind the back of Harry's neck and shuffled closer to Harry's warmth.

"Come on, let's give the lovebirds some alone time," Louis said, amused. Niall just groaned in response. He just wanted them to go away so he could cuddle some more with Harry.

And even though it was impossible for Niall to fall asleep again, he was definitely not going to stand up. He hoped Harry would sleep forever so that they could stay like this forever. Niall was afraid Harry would pull away immediately if he woke up. Maybe he wasn't even gay. Maybe he was grossed out. Niall was so busy with thinking about the worst scenarios that he didn't hear Harry wake up.

"Good morning," Harry said as he turned around in Niall's arms.

"Hi," Niall expected Harry to pull away and get out of bed but instead he felt Harry wrap his arms around his waist and tuck his face in the crook of Niall's neck. Niall didn't hesitate to wrap his arms tightly around Harry's shoulders.

''Did you sleep well?'' Niall mumbled against Harry's hair.

''Yeah, you?'' 

''Better than ever,'' Niall grinned.

''Good.'' And then it was quiet again. But for the first time, it wasn't awkward. It felt right to just lay there in each other’s arms. So they did. Niall missed it to have someone so close to him. And even though he was scared because his last relationship ended in a disaster, he couldn't help but pull Harry closer. He just needed to feel loved again and Harry was just right there, and so close. 

After another hour of them cuddling, Niall's stomach started to grumble since they hadn't had breakfast yet. He loosened his grip on Harry's body and carefully tried to shuffle away from Harry's grip. But as soon as there was about one inch space between their bodies, Harry tightened his grip and pulled him closer again.

''Harry, I'm hungry,'' Niall whined.

''No, you're not. Don't leave yet,'' Harry pressed his face in the crook of Niall's neck again.

''Yes, I am! Harry, I promise, you can come to me to cuddle any time you want but if I don't eat something now I'll die,'' Niall said dramatically.

''Okay, okay. I'm hungry too, actually. I'll go with you,'' Harry reluctantly let go of Niall and rolled out of bed. He landed with a thump on the hard ground and groaned.

Niall chuckled. ''Come on, sleepy head.'' Niall stepped over Harry's body and unzipped the tent. The sun shone on Niall's face and a happy feeling spread through his body.