Chapter One

''Mom, I have to go!'' Harry yelled, and waited impatiently for an answer.

''Yes, I'm almost done. Don't worry! We'll be there on time, I promise,'' his mother tried to put on her shoes as fast as she could and hurried to the door where Harry stood with his suitcase.

Harry opened the door and took a deep breath. He had already said goodbye to his sister and father the day before because he knew he had to leave early. But his mom insisted on bringing him to the train station and Harry was actually relieved that he wouldn't have to go alone.

The ride to the station was silent, but not uncomfortable. Harry's mother, Anne, didn't bother to start a conversation with Harry. She knew that if she would try, Harry would get even more nervous. And although Harry pretended like he wasn't anxious for his new school and new surroundings in London, Anne knew Harry better than anyone so it wasn't like she didn't saw his shaking hands and nervous movements.

''Okay, sweetie, we're here. Don't forget to have fun!'' Anne said when they reached the station after a short ride.

Have fun, Harry thought, have fun.

''I'll try, thanks mom. I'll call you when I have time today,'' Harry answered and with a kiss on the cheek and one last hug, he stepped out of the car.

He wanted to have fun but it was difficult after all he had been through. High school was rough and he was glad he had survived it with the help and support of his little group of friends. But his friends were gone now, and he was on his own. They had promised to keep in contact but Harry wasn't really sure if that promise was going to be kept. 

A voice snapped him out of his thoughts. The monotone voice of the woman he heard through the intercom told him his train to London had 5 minutes delay. Harry sighed but didn't complain. Now he had just enough time to grab some coffee.

So he walked to the little shop on the train station and ordered some black coffee. It was seven in the morning but his first class started at ten and he wanted to be sure that he had enough time to travel to London and find his dorm. He didn't have a roommate, and Harry was glad he didn't. His social skills were not very spectacular and he wanted to start the year without embarrassing himself on the first day. He wanted a fresh start.

When the train arrived, Harry made his way to the silent coupe and searched for his book in his backpack. When he found it, he sat back in his chair and made himself comfortable. The train ride to London was about 2 hours, but they flew by and when Harry looked up from his book for the first time since he got on the train, he noticed that he was already nearing London.

He tucked away his book and stood up. He threw his empty coffee cup away on his way to the train doors. It was busy on the train station of Central London and Harry didn't really like busy places. It made him anxious, like he couldn't breathe. So he braced himself as he stepped out of the train and tried to stay as calm as possible. He followed the signs that said 'exit' and hurried outside.

The cold air hit him as he stepped outside. It felt good, he could breathe again. Harry reached in his bag and grabbed a map of London. He had been a few times in London but he needed his map to find the exact place of the university. He had already marked the route so he began walking in the direction of where he could find his new home.

After about twenty minutes of walking through the busy streets of London, Harry reached his university. The University of London was painted in big letters on the building. It looked huge and Harry couldn't wait to explore the whole place.

So he stepped inside and admired the beautiful structure of the inside of the university. He walked to a desk with a lady behind it and asked for his dorm key. He filled in some papers and got a map of the school. On the map were 4 buildings. They were all marked with a color and on the drawing of each building was written in black ink what classes were given in that building. There was also one other smaller building next to the 4 bigger ones. Library, was written on it. 

The halls were high and wide. It made him feel comfortable and free. There was a lot space and people seemed to mind their own business. They didn't look at him in disgust and they didn't laugh at him, like they did on high school. The students just ignored him and walked past him. Harry didn't mind at all that no one was talking to him or noticing him. He could do whatever he wanted and no one would care. He saw some other young students who were probably also here for the first time. Harry wasn't the only one who was kind of scared but also excited. He felt safe knowing that. 

He reached his dorm and opened it with the key. The room was not very big but it wasn't small either. It was perfect. There were two beds with on one side of each bed a nightstand with one drawer in it. There were two desks and two closets. The dorm was made for two people to live in but Harry had the luck that he was alone because there was no one to room with. But maybe that would change during the year. Harry decided not to worry about that now. The bathroom was small but there was a shower, a sink and a toilet and that was enough.

Harry grabbed his suitcase and began to unpack his things. He had a feeling this was going to be way better than high school and he was excited to go to his first class and meet all the new people. For the first time since long ago, he felt like he could do this.

A/N: So, this is the first chapter. Tell me what you think! Also, I really have no idea how university works. I'm still in high school, but I know a little bit about how the system works. I don't live in England so I'll just make it seem realistic. Okay, bye! xxx

Vote, COMMENT, Follow