Chapter 7

©CRGangell aka Whitesabretooth

Chapter 7

A week later Mayhem jerked awake and glanced around a little disorientated, Electra yawned and rolled onto her stomach, she shuffled until she was closer to her mate. When she was close enough she rested her face against Electra's shoulder and wrapped an arm around her body.  She pressed her face to Electra’s back and took a deep breath, letting her scent saturate her mind, calming both her mind and her cats'.

“Bad dream?” Electra asked sleepily as she knew Mayhem was awake.

“Yes.”

Electra nodded and stretched. “What time is it?”

Mayhem glanced to the clock, “A little before midnight.”

Electra pushed herself up and grabbed her visor cramming it onto her face. “Come on, let’s go for a run.” Mayhem was up and right behind her, putting her own visor on before Electra opened the door and they left the room. They meet Bastion in the hallway.

“Going for a run.” Bastion asked. They both nodded. “Amy and Wolfgang are out there as is almost everyone else, Anna and I are staying back to watch the cubs.”

They smiled, Electra popped into Maddie’s room, she was asleep on a mattress next to the door, the furthest she could be away from Electra when she tried to sleep. Electra gave her a gentle shake; she woke and yawned.

“Want to go for a run?” Electra asked knowing that Maddie loved to spend, as much time as she could in her were form. Maddie yawned again and shook her head putting it back down to sleep. Electra kissed her temple and quietly left the room, partially closing the door behind her.

“Didn’t she want to run?” Mayhem asked.

“No she’s interested in sleep,” Electra answered, “race you,” she taunted and ran off with Mayhem following behind her as they raced down stairs and outside. They stripped, leaving their clothes in neat piles. Electra put her visor on top and took a deep breath. Her wolf surged forward filling her body as it shifted. Mayhem shifted beside her. Electra stretched as she finished shifting. Mayhem stretched for a moment then pounced on Electra, they wrestled for a few moments until Ghan joined them, nipping at their rumps to get them to move on. They broke apart and ran into the forest with Ghan hot on their heels.

Mayhem felt joy, she couldn’t remember running free anymore, yet here she was, free and safe and it was all because of the wolf beside her. She felt a body slam into her side; she turned and growled at Sage a paw ready to swipe at her. Sage lifted a paw playfully; she hadn’t meant to startle Mayhem.

Mayhem growled playfully and retracted her claws to bat at Sage. Sage sneezed in amusement before throwing herself at Mayhem in a playful tussle. Electra and Ghan watched their playful game with silent smiles. Amy and Wolfgang joined them, as did Shia in his panther form. Mayhem and Sage continued to wrestle playfully.