Chapter 1

©CRGangell aka Whitesabretooth

Hi everyone

Like always if you think you can come up with a better blurb or cover please email me and I’ll see if I can use it.

Have fun

Chapter 1

~Earth... Three months after Alanna and Sage’s abduction. ~

Electra walked into her office and plopped herself at her computer. She reached into a pocket and got her inside glasses, which had a slightly different tint to the glasses she wore when she was outside; she had a set of sunglasses for almost every kind of lighting condition. She closed her eyes and swapped the glasses over. She wished that she didn‘t have to wear glasses, that her eyes were normal but she had learnt a while ago that she could only live with the cards fate had dealt her.

She entered her password and while she waited for her computer to log her onto the network she took off her jacket and hung it across the back of her chair. Underneath her black jacket was a simple white collared shirt; her black jacket went with her black pants. She pulled her gun and holster from her belt, and slid it into her top draw. Her shoulder-length dark brown hair was pulled back into a simple ponytail to keep it out of her way. She clicked on her email account as she dug her phone and wallet from her pockets.

Dave walked into their shared office with coffee in one hand and an apple in the other. He was wearing his grey suit with his tie only slightly loose as if he had tugged at it a few times in frustration. He ran his fingers through his mousy brown fringe to move it away from his grey/blue eyes. His build was that of a runner and one he worked hard on, as he needed to be fit just to keep up with her. He offered the super large cup to her knowing that there was no point in talking to her until she had her hit of coffee. He then proceeded to perch himself on her desk, biting into the apple he was holding in his right hand. Since he quit smoking, due mainly to her constant complaining about his smell whenever they were in a closed room of any size, he had taken to grazing as a means to keep himself from smoking and to keep from becoming overweight; he grazed healthily on fruit and veg.

“So, heard anything from your ma?” He asked while munching on his apple.

She glanced up and if he could see her eyes behind her glasses, he knew they would be glaring at him. “Stop bringing it up. I keep it quiet because I don’t want people saying my ma, THE Senator Luis, got me into the FBI. Do you know what the press will do? I’m already a poster child for the FBI because I’m Were. I don’t need the extra hassles.” She told him grumpily, wishing that he had never found out about her family.

“Marks, De Luca, my office!” Their boss barked down the intercom suddenly.

She sighed, got up and grabbed her coffee, sipping at the hot brew as they left their office. They walked down the hall to his office wondering at the reason why their boss was ordering them into his office but coming up blank. Their paper work was up to date so he had no reason to be mad at them.

The few other agents in their small department didn’t even raise their heads to see what was going on. There were only ten people in the Pennsylvania branch of the Were and Other department but funnily enough, that was all they needed to do their work as it was becoming more and more rare for hate crimes. Moreover, as Were and Other crimes were mostly dealt with by their own, they mainly worked at keeping good relations and taking cases from Alphas’ who couldn’t solve it by themselves. They walked into their director’s office with a little trepidation, as he was well known for being grumpy in the morning.