Chapter 4

©CRGangell aka Whitesabretooth

Chapter 4

Cleopatra, Boadicea, Guinevere and Amy waited as the last of the Alpha’s hooked up to the video feed. Amy had spent the better part of three years setting up this network of communication for the Alphas; it had been such a hassle trying to get all the Alphas to get in a mass phone conference before August the 3rd. If something like that were to happen again, although those considered it unlikely, they would be much better prepared.

Mayhem walked into Amy's office having gotten bored and a little annoyed with Sage; Alanna and Tarval were so involved in each other that they almost ignored her, which made her happy as she had little interest in getting to know Tarval right now even if he seemed decent. The three ancients unnerved her with their wise-beyond-years-looks.

Amy stood and pushed Mayhem into her chair knowing the frail woman should be resting. “Everyone this is Mayhem, Mayhem this is everyone… well almost.” She corrected at the last moment, her eyes flicking to the blank screen on the wall.

Mayhem glanced around, many of the faces on the screens she recognised from her time before slavery, and a heap that she didn’t who she guessed had come into power after her slavery. Mayhem nodded her head in greeting.

Roberto studied her carefully, she was already improving but the thick bandage at her throat was evidence of her treatment. Shannon nudged him and rested her head on his shoulder, she wasn’t the only Alpha female to be included in these talks, most Alpha’s were taking their mates a lot more seriously since Amy, Shannon, Becky and Cass had come onto the scene. Treating their partner like a true equal when it came to the decisions of their pack and it was all down to those four as they were all strong women who were born leaders, they made sound choices that were reshaping their world and making it a better place to live.

“I don’t know some of you…” Mayhem asked, about to lead into a more detailed introduction.

“Formal introductions I’m afraid will have to wait.” Terri slid in with an apologetic smile. Terri’s eyes, the very oddness of them, as one eye was green, and the other blue with a small patch of brown in the blue, captivated Mayhem.

“Yes, sadly we have more important things to do, everyone meet Cleopatra, Boadicea and Guinevere.” Amy pointed them out and they waved in greeting as they walked into the room, “I know that their reputations precede them but they aren’t that bad.”

Everyone chuckled at Amy’s attempt at humour.

Cass sat forward, addressing the three Ancients, “Hi… I’m Cass; we would like your help with Mayhem’s pride.”

“No… what will become her pride.” Izmir corrected.

“No… IS her pride… they are loyal to her not to Darrel. They put up with him for her.” Becky slid in and got a confirming nod from many others.