Chapter 11

I slam my car door and gaze at the building in front of me. The Sunrise Apartments is made up of brown bricks, and towers high in the sky. Windows are scattered across the building, and balconies can be seen hanging off the sides. Devin nudges my side. "You want to come inside?" he asks.

"I don't know. I kinda like sitting out in the cold." I joke.

Devin chuckles. "I didn't really take you as the sarcastic type."he admits. We start to walk toward the entrance.

"Well, only when I'm in a good mood." I admit.

"Good, I want you in a good mood." Devin says. We walk to the glass entrance of the apartment building. The glass doors slide open silently as we approach. The lobby is very clean and bright. My feet hit against the white tiles of the floor, echoing in a sort of rhythmic beat. A chandelier hangs overhead, sending a warm white light throughout the lobby.

"Elevators are over here." Devin says. I trail behind him closely, marveled at the beauty of the lobby. We slowly approach a set of elevators. Devin walks up to one and presses one of the buttons. The button with an arrow pointing up glows brightly. The elevator doors slide open, and we step inside. Devin presses another button, and the doors close. The elevator springs to life, and I feel it start to creep upward.

Devin's ears perk slightly. "So... You excited?" he asks.

"About seeing your place? Yeah." I say with a smile. "Yeah, I am."

"Good! I am too." he says. "I like hanging out with you." Devin stares at his feet, blushing slightly.  He still manages to keep the smile on his face.

"Devin, I-"

A ding suddenly interrupts me, and the elevator doors slide open. Devin smirks. "Save it for when we get in my place." He strolls out of the elevator and into the hallway. I follow behind, my face suddenly feeling hot. Devin walks down the hallway, a slight sway in his hips. I catch myself watching Devin's tail sway back and forth gently.

I wonder if he knows how handsome he is, how sexy his walk is...

Devin reaches down and reaches into his back pocket. He pulls out a pair of keys. "Here we are." he says, fumbling with the keys. He stands in front of a fancy oak door. A small golden plaque reads 29C on it. Devin twists his keys into the doorknob, and pushes the door open. He gestures toward the door and bows slightly. "After you!" he says.

"Ah?" I walk into the doorway and nod my head. "Such a gentleman." I laugh. I walk through the doorway and step into Devin's apartment.

The first thing I notice is how spacious the room is. The gray walls and ceiling compliment the wooden floors extremely well. To my left is a modern kitchen with nice, clean cooking appliances. A cabinet full of expensive drinks rests beside the metallic fridge. A small dining table sits along the wall, four black cushioned dining chairs under it. A flat screen tv sits in front of a nice black couch. A black recliner and a love seat are sitting beside it, begging for someone to sit on them.

"Well," Devin says, closing the door behind him. "Whatcha think?" he asks, placing his keys on a small hook beside the door.

I look at a sleek white lamp sitting on an end table. "It's very modern. And clean, which is always a plus." I say.

"What, you think because I'm a cook the place would be a little dirty?" he jokes. Devin pulls his arms back and slides his jacket off. His t-shirt from work has a big dark stain right across his chest. He hangs his jacket on a hook next to his keys. Devin gestures toward the living room. "Please, sit. Make yourself comfortable. I'll grab some drinks." he says, walking toward the cabinet in the kitchen.