Chapter Seventeen

Picture of Deacon, played by Michael Copon

~COPYRIGHT 2013~

*Eric's POV*

Maia and I were practically up Mitch's ass all day. To say he is irritated is an understatement. But can you blame me? My baby sister is missing and although I know they are doing everything in their power to find her, I am stressing out. When Reed gets back, I'll fight the urge to kick his ass for hurting Ella and ask to join his pack. Maia is right, it's the right thing to do and it'll be perfect. We can do all the things we want to. I have always wanted to be an Enforcer and she can fulfill her dream of being a cook.

My head jumps out of the clouds when I hear the screeching of tires in front of us. Out of the car jumps Reed, frazzled and disheveled.

"What happened?" he asks, breathless.

Mitch is just about to explain when I jump in front of him.

"Reed, thank god you are here! I have been waiting for you all day. Maia and I were kind of wondering if we could join the pack. I mean, she said that you and her talked about it but..." I ramble.

"Eric, now isn't the time for this. We need to find Ella. We will talk about this when she is back in my arms, safe. For now, you can help with the efforts," Reed replies.

That being said, he turns to Mitch, searching for answers. I turn to Maia with a smile on my face. She nods and motions her hand towards the woods. I instantly shift into my wolf and barrel into the trees, off to search for my sister with the others.

*Ella's POV*

When I come to, my eyes blur all the images around me together. It takes a bit for me to focus and when I do, all of my senses hit me. The smell of urine and blood gags me instantly. Trying to put it to the back of the mind, I take a look at my surroundings. I am lying on a hard, cold, brown surface. There are dark splotches everywhere. In the dark corner lays a figure. I sit up and strain my eyes to see what it is. It moves and I scream.

"Please! Help me!" a voice gasps out.

From the corner comes a pale male, cuts covering his naked body. He is breathing heavily, staring at me with wide and desperate eyes. When he sees the state I'm in, chained to the ground, he sighs and sit back down, a sad look on his face.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

He looks up at me and lifts his hand to show his chains. "Do I look fucking okay?" he questions.

"I-I'm sorry! I was just trying to make conversation..." I say, looking down. Tears rush to my eyes. This is a fucking great situation. I'm chained to a wall and I can't even make friends with someone who is in the same situation as me.

"Hey, come on, don't...I'm sorry, I shouldn't be taking my anger out on you," he speaks up. "I'm Deacon. What's your name?"

"Ella."

"Well Ella, I'm really sorry that I acted like such a douchebag. I'm just frustrated. I've been locked in here for nearly two weeks, getting constantly drunk from. I'm surprised I'm not freaking dead," he tells me.

I gulp. "Are they going to do that to me?" I squeak out.

He shrugs. "I don't know. Probably."

"We need to get out of here."

"Yeah, good luck with that," he laughs.

"These chains aren't silver. If we channel our wolves we can break out of them."

I closed my eyes and focused onto shifting. When I opened my eyes, I looked down to see that I was still in my human form. Deacon was looking at me with a smirk on his face.

"You think I haven't tried that already?" he asks. "They're working with witches. They cooked up some weird and nasty concoction that they'll make us drink every day and for some reason, it silences our wolves and our abilities as a wolf. Try to talk to someone through your pack mind link."

I closed my eyes and focused on contacting to Reed. But my words just echoed through my mind, bounding back at me full force, giving me a headache. It was almost like there was a literal brick wall in my mind that wasn't allowing my words to go out.

"So I can't call anyone to come get me?" I ask him.

He shakes his head. "I've tried it every day for the past two weeks I've been in here. Nothing has worked. Not that anybody in my pack would help me anyways..."

"Why do you say that? A pack is a family."

"They all are family to one another, but they practically disowned me."

"Why?" I wonder, curious.

"Uh...I'm gay..." he admits shyly.

"And your pack doesn't accept that?" I gasp.

"No. I was brought up to believe that liking the same sex is a sin. But I can't help it. I just do," he says. "I don't know why I'm telling you this..."

"You don't have to worry about me hating you. My pack is accepting of any type of relationship. In fact, after we're found, you can join the pack! That'd be great!"

"You really think the Alpha and Luna would accept me?" he asks, hopeful.

"Well, you're kind of talking to the Luna so..."

"You're mated to an Alpha?" he practically screams.

I nod quickly. "I would love to have you in our pack!"

"Okay!"

"Alright, you two!" a booming voice echoes through the room as the door is thrown open. "I've had enough of the heart to heart. You're disturbing my personal time with my beloved. I can hear your annoying little voices through the whole god damn house."

Terrence's footsteps make a loud thumping noise as he nears me. He hovers over me and I turn to Deacon with a look of desperation on my face. He reaches his hand out for me but the distance and the chain keep him from helping me.

"I'm sorry," he mouths.

A sharp pain goes through my body as I'm knocked into unconsciousness.

~COPYRIGHT 2013~