Chapter Twenty Six

~COPYRIGHT 2013~

*The Day Before - Janie’s POV*

We get back from speaking to our allies; The Ambrosine Tribe about more protection and something feels off. The air is different. I sniff around and hiss when I smell the male and Ella’s nasty scents lingering. How in the hell did their scent get out here?

In an instant, I flashed across the house with my vampire speed. The door to their little room is wide open and when I peak in, my worst fear is confirmed; they are gone. I scream out in anger and slam the door hard enough for it to break off of the hinges.

“God dammit!” I yell.

Terrence appears by my side right away. “What is it…” he trails off as he sees the door.

“They’re gone Terrence! GONE!” I shriek. “What the hell are we going to do now?”

“Try to get them back?” he asks.

I slap him. “Are you fucking high or something? Get real! Now that they are gone I have no power over Reed!”

“Yes we do. We have The Ambrosine Tribe and nothing can beat them. We will win the land over, Janie. We will rule the entire supernatural world.”

A smirk appears on my face. “Oh, yes we will. We will rule the supernatural world one way or another. I know they are going to be coming once they get their Luna back and let me tell you, I am not going down without a fight.”

*Reed’s POV*

Waking up in the morning is hard to do. And knowing what you have to do that day is even harder. I want revenge for Ella’s kidnapping but at the same time I don’t want my pack going out there to get hurt.

Good morning everyone. It’s your wake up call, I speak to my pack through our pack link. I get a few groans in response and laugh. Make sure you all eat a hearty breakfast. I’m sure our pack cooks have cooked up something delicious as usual. Make sure to thank them.

I get up, get dressed, and head over to the infirmary to see Ella before I leave. When I enter the room, I spot Mitch standing between Deacon and Ella’s beds. He is speaking to them both and my beautiful mate has a smile spread across her face.

“It seems that someone is having a good morning,” I comment.

Her head turns towards me and her smile gets even bigger. She holds out her arms for me and I instantly rush to her side, giving her a big hug. Pulling away, I peck her lips and separate us. I don’t want to get her too emotional before I leave. She pouts.

“That’s all I get?” she asks.

“Unfortunately sweetheart, I need to go eat and then meet up with the witch tribe,” I tell her.

“Well, you can at least give me more of a goodbye kiss!”

“It’s not a goodbye; it’s a see you later. I already told you that.”

“So? That doesn’t mean you can’t give me a real kiss!”

I sigh and roll my eyes, pressing my lips to hers again. Our lips move in sync until she is gripping my hair, begging me for more. I reluctantly pull away and lean my forehead on hers.

“I love you, El,” I breathe.

“I love you too Reed. Come back to me in one piece, okay?”

I nod and push myself away from her.

“Come on Mitch, you need to get ready too,” I say.

He sighs and looks down at Deacon who is trying to smile, but barely succeeding. He presses a kiss to Deacon’s forehead before whispering in his ear and following me out the door. I can hear as both my mate and Deacon begin to cry together. It pains me to walk away, but I need to do this. Anything to keep my Luna safe.

Breakfast goes by fairly quickly and before I know it, the males in my pack are outside standing in front of me in their wolf forms. I order a few of them to stay and guard the house. Once they are positioned, I open my mouth to speak to everyone until the ground begins to shake and I hear swishing. Above the trees appears a humungous group of people; the witches. They land gracefully in front of my pack and curtsy. The leader approaches me.

“My witches are prepared,” she informs me. “We brought everything and everyone we could to help you. We will try our best to protect your pack.”

I nod to her in thanks and she nods back, accepting it.

“Who’s ready to avenge our Luna’s kidnapping?” I shout.

There are cheers in response, making me crack a smile. My pack is so faithful.

“SHIFT!” I order.

Almost instantly I hear the shredding of clothing and all of my pack members are in their wolf forms. I shift as well and when I think we are ready, I bob my head at the tribe’s leader. She understands right away. Now is the time.

The pounding of paws and the whoosh of air echoes through the forest as we make our way to the vampire clan’s hideout. It takes a little while, but finally we arrive. We stay to the back, scoping out the territory. We will use the woods as a cover until the protective spell is broken.

“Shall we proceed?” the leader of the witch clan questions me.

I nod and she forms a circle with her tribe members. They join hands and begin to silently chant. The chanting gets louder and louder and I take a peek at the house. I can see the protective barrier flickering and flashes of white light are going through the air. Before long the flickering has stopped and there is a quiet sound, almost like a bubble has been popped. That’s it. The protective barrier is down. Now we just need to invade.

“You can now enter the house,” the witch leader informs me. “We will remain outside as protection and try our best to keep your pack safe. I can make no promises.”

I bow my wolf head at her and she seems to understand my expression of gratitude.

ATTACK! I shout through my pack link.

My pack lunges forward and at that moment, a mass of bodies flies over the hideout. The Ambrosine Tribe…

~COPYRIGHT 2013~