Chapter Two

Picture of Eric Marcelle, Ella's older brother, played by cutie Cody Longo

~COPYRIGHT 2013~

*Ella's POV*

Maia and I sat on our newly made beds facing one another and talking.

"What are you majoring in?" she asks.

"Werewolf medicine. I want to be a pack doctor," I tell her. "And you?"

"Undecided. I don't know where I want to go with my life in the future. I'm waiting for my mate still. He's not in my pack so I'm hoping I meet him here. That's pretty much the reason why I decided to go to college," she says. "I was offered to be a cook in my pack, but I chose meeting my mate over that. This is my second year here and I still haven't met him."

"Why don't you major in culinary? There must've been a reason why you were offered a spot as cook," I point out.

"You know, I never thought of that before...Maybe I will do that! Thanks girl!"

"No problem," I laugh. "I just kind of figured that it would make sense."

"Well you figured right!"

We smile at one another and fall into a content silence. However, that silence is broken when the door slams open. Standing there is Eric who is obviously pissed off.

"Ella, I..." he stops talking and begins sniffing the air. I stare at him weirdly, wondering what in the hell he is doing. When he turns to face Maia and their eyes meet, I understand.

"Mate..." my brother breathes, approaching her.

Maia is frozen in her spot and I giggle. I'll leave these two alone for a while. I sneak away from the room, my heart aching a bit although I'm happy for them. I just wish I could find my mate. Seeing everybody else find theirs while you're left alone really hurts.

I head for the on campus café and find an empty seat near the back. I order a small mocha iced latte and a chocolate chip muffin. As I wait for my order, I'm approached by one of my brother's friends whom I met numerous times.

"Have you seen your brother? He took off all pissed off," he says.

"Yeah, he came to visit me at my dorm and it turns out that my roommate is his mate," I respond. "He seemed pretty pissed off before he saw her. What happened?"

He sighs. "You don't need to know. Just know this; stay away from Reed Cummings. He's the Alpha of the pack here and he's a complete asshole," he warns. "He takes every chance to sleep with someone and I know your brother doesn't want to see you hurt, so for our sake, if you see him just stay away."

"How will I know if I see him?" I question.

"Oh, you'll know."

That being said, he walks away. Does this mean that this Reed Cummings guy is the one who pissed my brother off? There has to be a reason they want me to stay away. He's an Alpha; he can't be that bad...

The waitress comes over and hands me my latte and muffin and I thank her. As I take a sip of the refreshing drink, I hear a ding come from the door. I look up to see Maia and Eric walking towards my table. He has his arm wrapped around her waist when they sit down. Maia is blushing and looking down at the table.

"Sorry about that sis," Eric says sheepishly.

"Nah, it's no big deal. You are mates. You deserved some space," I shrug it off, although my heart is still pounding with pain.

Eric sees the pain on my face and reaches across the table to take my hand.

"You'll find him eventually," he reassures me.

I smile weakly and take another sip of my latte.

"So, Ryan stopped by my table and told me to stay away from some character by the name of Reed Cummings," I inform him. He begins shaking and Maia lays her hand on his chest, soothing him. "Why does he have you so angry? What did he do to you?"

"He used to be my friend El, but when he insults my family, I take things seriously," he growls.

"What are you talking about? How did he insult our family?"

"He made fun of you Ella."

My heart stops and a blush adorns my cheeks. I'm embarrassed that Maia has to hear about what people think of me. I look down at the table and play with my hands.

"It's nothing new Eric. I don't really care," I shrug it off.

"Bullcrap you don't care! Look at you! You're obviously upset!" he yells, catching the attention of everyone in the café.

I stand up, rage filling my body. Why does he have to embarrass me like this?

"Why don't you mind your own god damn business Eric?" I scream, hitting my hand on the table. "I can handle myself!"

Leaving my food behind, I storm out of the café, my body shaking. I need to run. I run for the woods and strip, automatically shifting into my beautiful chestnut brown wolf. I run in circles around the perimeter of the college until the rage dissipates and is replaced with pain. I sit down on my haunches and stare out at all of the students through the green leaves. They laugh with friends and mates cuddle up together in the courtyard.

I thought college would be different. I thought my insecurities would be carried away. But it seems like all they are doing is rearing their ugly head, making me want to hide in a hole somewhere. If only I could have a happy life for once. High school was bully free, why can't college be? Oh wait, there's a reason for that. It's time to face the cruel facts. I'm always going to be bullied because I'm not perfect like every other she wolf seems to be. But you know what? I don't give a fuck if I'm not perfect. That makes me different. It's about time that there's some individuality around here. The only things I don't like are the nasty words that are spoken behind my back...

~COPYRIGHT 2013~