Chapter Sixteen

~COPYRIGHT 2013~

*Eric's POV*

I am busy searching the room for any specific scents when Mitch appears in the doorway. The moment he gets a whiff of the strange scent, he growls.

"Vampires," he grumbles.

"What? Why were there vampires here?" I ask.

"We've been having problems with them roaming into our territory, but never this close to home. Is this why you called me?"

"Yes! I didn't know what the scent was, but I knew something was wrong. Ella came up here to rest and we followed after her. Next thing we know, she's missing and this scent is lingering."

He growls deep in his chest and his chest rises and falls rapidly. "The Luna has been taken by vampires?" he questions. "Enforcers! Chase after the scent and see where it goes!"

A group of guys fill the room and they jump out the window, following the scent in their wolf forms.

"I'll call the Alpha," Mitch tells me. "Go back to your room and bring your mate with you."

"Bullshit! I'm not just going to sit around while my sister is missing!" I yell.

"This is official pack business. You may be related to the Luna, but you are not in our pack."

I huff angrily and take Maia's hand, pulling her through the building. When we get to my dorm, I burst into tears.

"How can this happen?" I ask, my head in my hands. "She's my baby sister!"

Maia rubs my back and shoulders, trying to calm me.

"Can I make a suggestion?" she wonders.

"What is it, Mi?" I sigh, looking up at her. "Now is not exactly the best time for suggestions."

She jumps up off the bed and glares at me. "Then forget I even said anything. Fuck you, Eric," she says, walking towards the door. Then she whirls around. "You know, she is my friend also! I know what you're feeling!"

Right as she opens the door, I shoot forward. I pin her to the closed door and growl, looking in her eyes.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going?" I question.

"Anywhere but here!" she yells, trying to push me off.

I press my lips to hers, silencing her. Her body instantly relaxes and she wraps her arms around me. I pull away and lay my forehead on hers.

"You know, this is the second time you have disrespected me today," I point out, smirking.

"You deserved it, you asshole!" she huffs.

I grab her ass and lift her up. She wraps her legs around my waist as I carry her towards the bed. I drop her down on the bed and begin kissing up and down her neck. She moans in my ear.

"Baby, wait," she moans. I don't listen and keep kissing her beautiful mocha skin. "Eric! ERIC!"

My head snaps up and I look at her in annoyance.

"What is so god damn important that you have to interrupt this moment?" I ask her.

"That suggestion we were arguing about before...well, it's really important," she says.

I sit up and move away from her, sighing.

"What is it?"

"Maybe it's time for us to start thinking about joining the Moon Shine Pack. I mean, your sister will be Luna. You could be an Enforcer. I could be the pack cook. I mean, Reed and I were talking about it and I think now with all this-"

"Wait, you were talking to Reed about joining his pack without speaking to me?"

She looks down at the ground. "Yeah, but he told me I need to talk to you first. I think it's the right thing for us to do, Eric. Especially with everything going on right now. Don't you want to help find your sister?"

"Yeah, but joining a pack requires for the Alpha to be present. And at the moment, the Alpha is missing."

"Well, Mitch said he was going to contact him, didn't he? Come on, let's go find Mitch. Wherever he is, Reed will be."

She stands up and holds out her hand. I take it and pull her into my body.

"We're going to finish this later," I whisper into her ear.

She shivers, causing me to smirk. God, I love this woman.

I pull her along to go find Mitch. Let's see if Reed does his Alpha duties now.

*Reed's POV*

I look out the window of the black Escalade as we travel down the highway. The further and further I go from Ella, the more my heart aches. It's hard to believe that we're not mated because the pain I'm in feels like we are.

My phone rings and I look at the caller ID. Mitch. What could he possibly need already?

"Mitch," I answer the phone in a monotone voice.

"Reed, you need to come back right now. There's been an incident," he says frantically.

"What type of incident?"

"The Luna, she's been kidnapped by vampires."

The phone drops from my hand.

"TURN THE CAR AROUND!" I scream at the driver.

He gives me a quick questioning glance, but obeys. I pick up the phone once again.

"Mitch, I will be back before you know it," I say and slam the phone shut.

My heart races as all the possibilities run through my mind. She could be injured, raped or worse, killed. No, I can't think negative. I need to stay positive otherwise my mind won't be in the right place when I'm looking for her.

But how in the world had the vampires gotten into the dorm? Is there someone working with them? Do we have a traitor on our hands?

I rub my face and run my hands through my hair. There's nothing I can do until I get back. Don't worry Ella, I'll save you.

~COPYRIGHT 2013~