Chapter 34: Emma Used Reversal!

Emma

Anthony leaned forward, using his hands to tiredly support his face. "Why would you be so careless?"

"Do you not care if we get back?" Amanda bristled from besides Anthony. "You could have ruined everything."

We were sitting in the room the guys were using. Daniel and I sat opposite of Amanda and Anthony. Their stance reminded me of how this probably pushed them over the edge enough to leave us the second we got back to the present. And I knew what side I took, even if it made no sense. Even if it messed up our friendships.

"Hey," I said defensively. "What's done is done. We can't change what happened so take it easy on him. We need to be thinking about how to go about this now instead."

Daniel relaxed next to me. Honestly, he looked like a Lillipup getting scolded this whole time and I couldn't take it. Not when he sincerely felt bad. But it was more than that. And I could tell Amanda knew by the way she was looking at me.

"Fine," her voice was steely. "Then how are we going to fix his mess?"

I looked down at my lap. "Amanda, I'm really sorry about not being a good friend."

Silence. "Wait, what?"

"I heard you talking earlier with Anthony. And maybe it's not a good time, but I wanted to tell you that I know I haven't been a good friend. And I'm sorry for always fighting with Daniel and not giving you much attention. Or being there. Or listening to you." I took a deep breath. "Same goes for you, Anthony. Even if you don't travel with us all the time. You deserve more attention. We should be better friends. And that's my fault."

"It's my fault too," Daniel said. "I get so caught up in teasing Emma or being distracted that I don't treat either of you very well. I wish you both felt comfortable enough to tell us if we're really bothering you and tell us what we need to fix."

The only sound was the clock on the wall ticking.

"Daniel, I can't tell you how much you drive me insane," Anthony said quietly, resting his chin on his fists. "You make everything complicated by trying to have fun. You always get me into trouble. You constantly make me question why I continue to go along with your harebrained schemes.

"And yet you have always been the only friend in my life that has continually reached out and encouraged me. You're open about your struggles. You're humble when you do mess up and, believe me, you mess up a lot." Anthony's eyes flashed jokingly. "So despite all your faults, you still are a good friend. And I need to get over myself and actually communicate to you if you're being insufferable."

"The same goes for you, Emma," Amanda said. "I always feel like I can't tell you what's going on since I'm not very confrontational. Not like you."

Daniel snorted. I ignored him.

Amanda fidgeted with her hands. "So yeah. It's ok. But I really would like if we talked more and Anthony and I were both included."

"So... is everything good now?"

"You mean besides the whole 'Daniel might have ruined the time stream' dilemma?" Anthony asked, making Daniel cringe in guilt. "It appears so."

"And we're still going to travel together after all this?" Daniel asked warily.

"If we get back, that is," Amanda corrected, shooting him a warning look.

"Perfect," I said, leaning back in the chair, sighing in relief.