Chapter 23: Crisis Averted

Over the next hour, all of the Team Rocket members were gathered up by the police and hauled away, including Tyson. We stood by, Daniel and I jeering and attempting to annoy the heck out of them while Anthony frowned at the ground in disapproval. Amanda giggled at our better jokes and taunts and I saw Anthony smile a little at the ones Amanda found funny.

Brock was busy being Officer Jenny's shadow while Ash and Misty sat nearby, resting. They both seemed very quiet and stared at Pikachu and Togepi, who were napping in their laps. I let Zuko out of his Poke ball and sat down with him, tired from the day.

"Buddy, I'm beat." I groaned and leaned against his back. He gave me a toothy grin.

Officer Jenny called us over once most of the work was done. "Thanks to all of you, minimal damage was done. I'm so grateful for all of your hard work." She smiled as she saluted us. "If you'll excuse me, I still have a lot of investigating to do. Take care now."

She hopped onto her motorcycle.

"Call me!" Brock yelled desperately as she drove away.

"Well." Lance turned to face us. "I guess this is goodbye."

"Not forever, though., Daniel began, but I put one of my fingers over his mouth before he could say more. He gave me a mischievous smile which widened as it looked at my finger almost touching his lips and I pulled away, trying not to scowl.

"Don't worry about Gyarados, Ash. I'll take good care of him. And just like Dragonite, Gyarados will be my friend." Lance smiled.

Ash gave a relieved grin. "That's great, Lance! Thank you."

"Take care!" Lance climbed up Dragonite's back. Dragonite let out a happy howl as he ascended into the red tinged sky, the sun sinking lower and lower.

We all waved, which was pretty cheesy considering he probably couldn't see us anymore since he was over hundreds of feet in the sky and flying into the sunset, which was all pretty sappy.

Daniel whispered as he nodded towards the sun, "We should do that sometime" in which I replied with utter silence and the urge to punch something while Zuko's nostrils smoked as he snorted in amusement.

"You know, I'm really tired of running. Let's fly back to Mahogany," I voted.

"That's fine with me. I miss flying on my own Charizard," Ash said. "Hey!"

"What?" We all look around suddenly, tensed for action.

"I never got to do any training."

We all groaned and Misty said, "Will anything please you?"

"I don't know about him, but a nice big bowl of anything warm and edible would please me right now." Daniel patted his stomach.

I shook my head. "Well, let's go."

As we flew, everyone but Daniel was in the mood to be peaceful. Instead, he sang loudly, interrupting the silence, "No time to question my moves, stick to the path that I choose! Me and my friends are gonna do it right, you'll never see us run away from a fight! To be a master is my dream. All I've gotta do is believe! I'm on a Master Quest. I want the whole world to see I'm gonna be the very best, 'cus all I got to do is believe in me!"

"Wow, I like that song!" Ash exclaimed. "It makes me want to battle."

"I made it up myself." Daniel grinned.

"No he didn't," Anthony mumbled.

I laughed, the sound getting caught in the wind. The sky was becoming a dark shade of purple and the stars guided us to Mahogany Town. Daniel continued to talk every once and awhile, commenting on the sky or repeating a joke he'd heard. Sometimes Anthony and I would reply in ways just to agitate him and it always worked- my parents, Brock, and Amanda would laugh in response, causing Daniel to retort and argue with us about who was the funniest.

It was one of those times that I wasn't sure if I wanted it to end- being a thousand feet in the air, flying in the night sky with all my friends and family, having a blast. Enjoying life. Yet at the same time, I felt ready to fall to sleep and didn't want to wake up for an entire week.

I shook my head and smiled- perhaps I was already dreaming.

We landed in front of the Pokémon Center, dead tired. The only thing we had energy enough to do was give our Pokémon to Nurse Joy for the night so they could eat and rest.

Lastly, we all stood in the hallway to the doors of our rooms and simply stared at each other for a minute. It wasn't every day that you got to help save the day with your friends and family.

With soft murmurs of "good night" and nods of approval, followed by Ash yawning, "I'm still challenging Pryce tomorrow", we headed for our separate rooms, none of us showering or even getting into pajamas before we collapsed into our beds and fell asleep immediately.

Hey everyone!

Well, this is the first time I'm using the new Wattpad writing format thing... didn't really like it, but I guess Wattpad, if it were a Pokemon, would be a Bug type as buggy as it always seems. That's alright.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the chapter! I've been super busy. My spring semester just ended and I just got back from a ten day Christian leadership conference (it was so much fun and I learned so much), so now that summer is here, I'll now have a some extra time to sit down and write. Which I've really missed. Today I had nothing to do for the first time in... I don't even know. I almost freaked out because I had no idea what to do. So here I am, updating this. As requested by many of you.

Pokemon Question of the Day: Who is your favorite Ice type gym leader? I can't even name all of them, so hopefully you people will be able to remind me. So many gym leaders. Or Ice type Trainer. Whichever works.

Have an awesome day! God bless.

-Flips