Chapter 19 ~ Don't Forget

It was almost midnight when the doorbell buzzed and Joe walked in. I could hear his footsteps as he walked across my room. I had been waiting for him the whole day and it was hard for me to think of sleep before I could tell him everything. I got up, straightened my hair and reached for my room door but then something stopped  me. It was late and he was obviously tired. What if he wasn't ready to have a conversation with me? What if it doesn't go as I intended it to? I figured I had to stop myself from asking questions because I was running short of time and I had to act faster.

I reached for the door and literally yanked it open. A million thoughts ran across my mind as I made my way to his room. Standing outside his room door, I took  a deep breath and knocked. Silence. I knocked again.

"Who's there?", his voice , a little tired, answered.

"It's me, Amy,"

After what seemed like an eternity, the door opened up and he stood behind it. His cute face and his hazel brown eyes, the same eyes which made me fall in love with him and even though it was late his hair was perfectly in place. For a minute his smile made me forget all that was happening and that's when I realized it had been a hell of a long time since he smiled at me like that. All of the good times we had together started coming back to me in flashes and I swear I would have collapsed right there had he not spoken again.

"Is something wrong?," he asked, worried. 'EVERYTHING IS WRONG!' screamed a voice inside my head.

"No..no, it's just I wanna talk to you about something important. Do you think you can spare some time?," My voice shaked as the words came out.

"Sure, Amy," he stepped out and closed the door behind him.

"What is it?," He sounded extremely casual but I was panicking inside. I was scared to tell the love of my life that I was his one true love!

"How about we talk about it somewhere else?," I suggested. I knew for sure that I was bound to get emotional and I didn't wanna wake anyone up in the house.

"Sure.." he raised an eyebrow.

I started walking downstairs, taking deep breaths, as he followed me. My evil conscience was telling me that he was going to think I was crazy when I told him the truth. But I had no choice left. He followed as we walked to the backside of the apartment where two empty swings swayed lightly in sync with the night breeze. I came to a halt and stared into the empty sky afraid to turn around face him.

"Well, What do you wanna tell  me Am? Whatever it is, just tell me. The suspense is killing me," He was way too anticipating which made me even more nervous.

I turned around to see his perfect God-like face lit by the moonlight. That was it.

"Joe..," his eyes were directed right at my lips which made them quiver terribly.

"Joe, do you know who I am?," I somehow managed to  get the words out.

He broke into a laugh. "Ofcourse I do, You're Amy , our best friend,"

"No..no I'm not!," I almost yelled, unable to control my feelings. The smile faded from his face and I could understand that he was puzzled.

"Joe, you loved me deeply! You and I were together for a long time!," The words just flew out of my mouth. What I had been longing to tell him all these days, I finally said it. His face was blank. He looked at me like I had just escaped from a mental asylum.

"What..what are you saying?," he hesitated. His face gave away the truth. Obviously, he didn't believe me. That was expected.

"You don't remember anything, do you?," I looked at him with tears in my eyes, ready to pour out. He nodded his head.

 I took out my phone and opened the gallery which was filled with pictures of us and handed it to him. He swiped through all the photos, terror striking in his face. I could tell he was completely horrified by the way he looked at me.

"Do you remember anything?... anything at all?," Hope flickered in my eyes. At that moment, I just wanted all of his memories to come gushing back to him and I desperately hoped for him to take me into his arms. Instead, he handed my phone back to me and sat on one of the swings. Awkward silence surrounded us as I expected him to say something.

"How come I don't remember anything about the photos?," he looked at me.

What was about to come out of my mouth was pretty huge for him. " Joe, you met with an accident where half of your memories were wiped away and I with it," I was kneeling by his side then, looking into his eyes.

"Is this some sort of joke?," he chuckled, but the horror stayed in his eyes.

"No, it's not. We loved each other, Joe," I  was desperate for him to love me back again. There was a moment of utter silence. I knew the photos won't bring his memories back. As much as I wanted it to, this wasn't a movie. Everything was real and that was why it hurt even more.

"I don't remember anything. I'm so confused. I'm sorry, Amy but I have to go," He stood up and walked away, leaving me kneeling on the ground, tears falling. 

**************************************************************

Author's Note: Hey ! So, here is the next chapter of Inseparable. Hope you like it! Do tell me what you think, Vote/Comment. It seriously inspires me to keep writing. Love you all so much <3 xoxo