Chapter 15~ Is it True?

A/N: Hey guys! Super sorry for the delay!! I got caught with special classes at school but never mind. The next chapter is now ready and I was so excited  to write it. And trust me , there is more to come. I have a good ending planned out for this story so keep Reading , Voting & Commenting :)) Seeing your comments is what inspires me to write ..

                                                                                                                             -Bye XOXO :*

Time had rolled fast after Joe and the others left. The last time I talked to Joe was two months ago. He would usually call me everyday or atleast he would send me a mail but that month I had no idea what happened. Maybe he was busy with work. You know it pains like hell when you don't get to spend time with the one you were used to spending every single minute. I understood his busy life but I just wished I heard more from him. Even Damon started noticing the deadly change in me. I was being hell silent. I didn't know what happened to the fun loving girl who always found a reason to fight with her brother.

*Tring Tring*

"Hey Ash," I said in a light tone as I sat on my bed meddling with my pillow.

"Hey dear. Wanna go get some coffee and maybe hang out?,"

After all there was nothing for me to do in the house,"Sure why not,"

"Alright I'll be in your house in 10," she hung up.

I headed downstairs and spotted  Damon with a newspaper in his hand.

"Wow! Why that kind of a look on your face when you are reading the paper?,"

He opened his mouth as if he was about to say something but hesitated.

"I'm going out with Ash. See ya later," I said and I hurried out as I heard Ash's car.

__________

An hour later,

"God , these cupcakes are really good," I said with my mouth half full. 

We had changed our mind from coffee to cupcakes as soon as we saw those little lovelies placed on the counter.

"Yes, they are awesome, " Ash agreed.

"You know ,Joe cooks," I sighed.

"Awwww come on I don't wanna see you sad,"

I smiled ,"I need to use the rest room. I'll be back in a bit,"

I stood up from our table in the corner and headed towards the ladies room , lost in deep thought. I was completely unaware that I had bumped into Dean until I heard his voice...

Oh ..That voice!

"Watch it!," he yelled.

I knew it was my fault. It was not right to get lost in thought when you were walking in a public place.

"S..Sorry," I apologetically muttered and continued to walk. Knowing Dean he would not just let that go.

"A simple sorry ain't gonna fix that sweetie," He was in front of me now , looking straight into my eyes.

"I bumped into you accidentally and I apologized. Can you please just not act like a kid?," I shot back.

"Fine I get it. I  mean given what has happened , you're sitting on the hill of desparation," he tried to sound comforting , which was so unlike him.

I stared at him , puzzled.

"What do you mean?,"

"About Joe..I read the paper too you know," He smiled.

"Well, I haven't read it," I pushed past him roughly and walked to the newspaper stand next to the counter. I quickly grabbed a paper and skimmed through it.

On the second page , that was when my heart stopped , there was a picture of Joe with another blonde girl under the caption

"YOUNG SINGER JOE JONAS ENGAGED!" ....

Tears, I couldn't control them as they flowed down my cheeks. I crushed the newspaper and threw it in the trash and exited the cafe. I could not even face Ash. Maybe she already knew and was hiding it from me. On the way back home , all I could think of was betrayal. How could Joe do this to me ? After all that we had been through? Why didn't he tell me ? Didn't I deserve to know ?

I opened the door and entered with a puffy face , almost swollen from crying. Damon was seated on the couch in the living room. 

"I should've told you earlier," he started.

"No it's fine. It doesn't matter when or how I came to know about it when he himself wasn't reasonable enough to tell me why," I yelled as I ran upstairs into my room and threw myself on the bed , covering my face under the pillows.

Damon walked in and sat next to me.

"Amy , stop crying,"

I continued to sob.

"Don't come to a conclusion before you actually speak to him," he continued.

"What do you mean?," I sat up slowly as he wiped away my tears.

"It could be a publicity stunt for the time being. You know about popstars,"

"Why didn't I think of it?," I smiled. "God! I'm so stupid,"

Just then , my phone started ringing.

"It could be Joe," Damon winked.

I hurriedly took my phone out of my pocket and my anxiety vanished as soon as I read the name.

"It's Ash," I sent her a text that I was fine and that I would explain everything later.

"I'm gonna call Joe like right now. I don't care even if he is in the middle of a recording,"

I called Joe's number as Damon placed a comforting hand on my shoulder and smiled encouragingly.

"This number that you are trying to reach does not exist" - A voice spoke.

"Why does it say his number doesn't exist?," I asked Damon who simply stared back at me . I knew he wasn't to blame but I couldn't help it.

Next , I tried calling Nick.

"Hey , Nick , How are ya?," I asked as soon as he picked up.

"Amy...," he trailed on.

"Dude , who is it?," A voice asked. 

Not just any voice. It belonged to Joe. I knew it !

"Is that Joe? Give the phone to him, Nick. I've been trying to connect with him,"

"Amy , listen , now is  really not a good time,"  

"Nick , who is it? Your girlfriend?," It was Joe again.

"Shut up , Joe," Nick yelled.

"Amy , I'll call you later okay? We're kinda in the middle of something," He said and hung up before I could protest.

What was going on? Why wouldn't Nick tell Joe it's me? Why wouldn't Joe speak ?

What was happening ?...