Forced To Buy A Vampire Slave -chapter 18-

(A/N: I found an actor that embodies almost exactly what I picture Corey to be.

So here's a picture; only difference is Corey has green eyes and the actor has blue.)

Chapter 18:

I heard a car door open and close; I looked up and saw Corey.

"Arabelle come back in the car." He had to raise his voice over the pounding of the rain on the car.

I shook my head.

His clothes were already soaked and his dark hair fell in his eyes as he looked down at me the water dripped off his chin. "Come on Arabelle, please?" He asked, squinting his eyes to keep the water out of them. I shook my head again.

He looked up at the sky for a moment then looked back at me; he sat down beside me and leaned against the car. "I'm really, really sorry Arabelle."

I looked over at him.

"I understand that you're mad but you have to understand that I didn't really mean it like that. I just don't think its best that we're friends, not that I don't want to be friends. I do want to be friends...but I don't think its right."

"Why isn't it right?" I asked.

"Because vampires are slaves to humans not friends, that's how it's been for the past 100 years, I've been a slave for 20 years, I hate humans."

He saw the hurt in my face and immediately added, "I don't hate you, just other people."

"So because it's been like that for 100 years you don't think it should change?" I asked.

"Not that I don't think it should, I don't think it will."

"Didn't I tell you?" I asked.

"Tell me what?" He asked looking confused.

"When I become queen I'm making it illegal."

"Making what illegal?"

"Having slaves."

He looked down, "No you didn't tell me that."

After a moment he looked back up at me, "Well now I feel stupid."

"It's okay, you didn't know." I said.

"Do you forgive me?" He asked.

"Yes." I replied.

"Good. Can we get in the car now?" He asked.

I breathed a laugh, "Yeah."

"I have towels in the backseat." I said.

"Why do you have towels in the backseat?" Corey asked.

"Because this isn't the first time my car has broken down in the rain."

He nodded.

We got in the backseat; Corey shut the door making the noise of the rain fade into the background. I handed him a towel, I took off my black hoodie and draped it over the back of the seat in front of me. I used a towel to dry my hair and my face; I couldn't really do much about the rest of my body without taking off my clothes.

I dried off the seat the best I could, didn't want to ruin the leather.

"So...are we friends?" Corey asked.

I looked at him, "Yeah."

He smiled, "Good. Hug?" he asked extending his arms.

I laughed and hugged him.

After a moment I pulled away and put my hands in my lap.

"It seems like we've been in this car for a really long time, is it just me?" Corey said.