Forced To Buy A Vampire Slave -Chapter 61-

If it wasn't for the fact I was here to be getting 'rid' of my 'disease' I would actually enjoy being in New York.

But there wasn't much time for pleasantries when my current title was the Queen.

Or when my parents were around.

It was a typical nice sunny day as we left the towering hotel nestled in the streets of the famous state and headed to the sleek black limos with driver's awaiting us.

Corey walked at my side; his glowering green eyes shielded by black sunglasses, the collar of his black leather jacket half-upturned and the jacket itself unzipped, showing a black T-shirt messily tucked somewhat into his black jeans and his hair in the usual carelessly disheveled state.

We had literally only woken up less than ten minutes ago.

Though, there was a wake-up call early this morning at six but who had thought either one of us would manage to wake up at that time?

We woke up; for ten seconds.

Then we fell back asleep and were awoken by the knock at the room door by my parents, who were ready to leave.

We pulled on some clothes and met my parents outside to head out of the hotel, both us still only partially aware and both of us longing for a cup of coffee.

One of the things we had in common was the fact we both dreaded waking up, at any time really, but especially in the mornings.

My eyes roamed the streets from behind white-framed sunglasses with dark gold lenses, the classic wayfarer style by Ray-Ban, same kind Corey was wearing only his were solid black.

My fingers weaved underneath my shades, rubbing my dry eyes for a moment, then I turned my attention to my nails; picking at the black varnish.

Drake lit up a cigarette from my other side, looking just as tired as he spoke; "Tonight, Bells, we're going to have some fun."

"Mm, let's make it through the day first." I replied, my soft voice coming out wry, with a bit of rasp in it.

Drake squinted foreword, cigarette between his lips. "Let's make it through this morning first. It's fuckin' eight 'o clock. In the morning! I can't even remember the last time I was up this early when I hadn't been up all night."

I laughed under my breath at Drake's typical humor.

"Am I the only one that's craving coffee so fucking badly right now?" He questioned, walking backwards and speaking dramatically.

"No." Corey and I both answered simultaneously, our voices both coming out with the same trite, dragging tone.

Drake smiled, looking over at us with amusement."That's what I thought. When we're done with your exorcism we should go get something to eat."

My eyes went from the limo we were approaching to him, my dry, pale lips parting. "Exorcism? That's a joke right?"

He shrugged; turning and walking correctly now as we got to the cars.

Drake, Hazel, Corey and I shared one as my parents rode in another.

The limo ride was a bit longer than I expected; roughly a half-hour ride, placed with idle-chatter and Corey and Drake's constant cloud of smoke filling the back.

Corey and I sat close together on one side, with Drake moving about from one side to the other and back again, sitting on the floor at a few points in time.

My right hand rested on my leg when Corey laced his fingers tightly with mine, his other hand preoccupied with the cigarette he was smoking.

My attention was brought away from Drake who was sitting on the floor, his thumbs on the screen of his i-phone as he looked up restaurants to go to for breakfast, and to Corey who was looking ahead, an expression of careless boredom over his features.