Forced To Buy A Vampire Slave -Chapter 13-

Chapter 13

I had convinced my mother to let me drive there in my own car that way I could leave as soon as I got the chance.

I really wasn't fond of the Callahan's, they had a few slaves and they treated them badly and that always made me feel terrible knowing I couldn't do anything about it.

It literally made me sick to watch the way they treated them, the last time I was there I had to leave in the middle of dinner because I started crying.

I sat in the leather seat with my eyes closed trying to block out the memories.

I let Corey drive since I didn't think I was up to it, my stomach was already doing flips.

I sighed and opened my eyes, it was dark out and I could just make out Corey's features in the glow of the lights from the dashboard.

"Is something wrong?" Corey asked glancing over at me with one hand on the steering wheel and the other running through his messy hair.

"No." I lied.

"You sure?"

"Yeah,"

"You seem...uneasy."

"It's nothing I just don't really like the Callahan's." I replied.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because...I just don't like them." I said looking out the window.

"Okay..."

We reached the house a few moments later, I took a deep breath and got out of the car Corey and I followed my parents and brother up the steps of the porch to the huge house.

"Hey Arabelle, you gonna be okay?" Drake asked me.

I nodded, "Yeah,"

"I know that kind of stuff really gets to you but it'll be alright we won't be here long." He said with a reassuring smile.

I nodded and smiled back.

Corey had a confused look on his face.

My Father knocked on the door and a second later someone answered it.

It was one of the slaves I believe his name is Adam.

I smiled at him as we walked inside the house.

As we were led down the halls we walked past the 'punishment room'.

It was a room where all slaves that misbehaved got punished (tortured).

The room had stone walls and concrete floor there were chains attached the walls and whips hanging on them as well. There was a chair in the middle of the room that a man was sitting in with straps binding him to the chair. There was another man standing above him holding a huge cleaver knife in one hand. The room was covered in blood; there were bloody hand prints on the walls and floor.

I quickly walked past the room feeling sick and desperately wanting to get out of this house.

We were seated at a long wooden table; I sat in-between Corey and Drake while my parents sat across from us next to the Callahan's.

There were other people seated at the table as well I faintly recognized some of them.

The slaves served us our food shortly after we sat down, I didn't even touch the food I just sat there with my hands in my lap.

(I wonder if my parents would notice if I left.)

I was surprised Corey wasn't begging to leave especially after one of the slaves dropped a plate and Mr. Callahan hit him.