The Plane

There they were. Finally, after months that seemed like years. They were ready for battle. They all sat down, waiting to be released and dropped from the plane. They were buckled into their seat, continuing to wait. Who are "They" you ask? They are the Red Army.

~Paul's POV~

Paul took a cigarette out of his mouth and threw it on the floor. He looked around the compartment of the plane. It seemed as if twenty or so were sitting with him. "Hey Pat?"

Patryk, looked at Paul. He was in the seat next to him. "Yeah?"

"How many other planes are there? You know, filled with the rest of the army." Paul questioned Patryk

"Well.. This attack is going to be huge so I would say.. Maybe a hundred or so? Tord never told us how many." Patryk replied to Paul

"Yeah.." Paul thought about the innocent lives he had killed over the years.

Paul joined the red army so he could survive in the world. He regretted almost every moment when he was there. He could never forget the terrible screams of pain, he could never forget the soak of unknown blood on his sleeve, he could never forget the face of the innocent children. The only thing that made him feel better was Patryk.

Suddenly, there was a horrible scream from the ceiling. A red alarm started blearing into their ears. He looked at the floor below him, it was disappearing and soon the room was filled with a dim sunlight. He turned around and looked at his back to make sure his parachute was on. Thankfully it was. The seat belt on him unlatched and they were dropped from the plane, into the clouds.