The First Shots

~Patryk's POV~

After charging for about twenty minutes, Patryk heard gunshots ahead. Soon he heard explosions, and screams of death. He continued running, though his legs were telling him to stop. He took cover behind a rock with Paul. He took out one of his water bottles and took a drink and put it away again.

"Wow.." Paul said panting "This might be harder than I thought."

"The battle hasn't even started." Patryk said.

He poked his head out of the corner of the rock. He saw many Red Army soldiers, shooting and killing American soldier. He hid back behind the rock and looked at Paul.

"Come on, they need our help." Patryk said to Paul. He ran out from the cover of the rock and started shooting at American soldiers with his rifle . One. Two. Three. His sharp aim, hitting a few of the soldiers. When the mob of soldiers were down, he continued running forward, heading toward the American base.

Patryk and Paul hid behind a stack of sandbags, shooting at a few American soldiers. Paul ran toward a mob of Red Army soldiers, Patryk soon running after him. He ran with at least fifteen soldiers. As he ran, he shot down a few American soldiers.

The group soon split up into two. Paul joined Patryk's group and they all found a long line of sand bags to hide behind. A weak smell of smoke was in the air.

"Y'all think thar's a fire ahead?" A man in the group asked.

"It smells like it. Maybe someone should go scout it out." A woman suggested.

"How about me and Paul go?" Patryk replied.

"That's okay with me. How about the rest you guys?" The woman asked the group.

The group agreed and Paul and Patryk began to run forward again.

The smell of smoke began to get stronger. Gray clouds filled the air, making it almost impossible to see.

"We need to get out of here!" Paul yelled to Patryk, coughing afterwards.

Patryk nodded and began to run back to the group.

As they ran back and out of the smoke, Patryk saw a bullet fly by his head. There were American soldiers chasing after them!

Patryk ran faster and hid behind a short line of sandbags next to Paul. They stood up and shot at the soldiers.

"There's too many of them!" Paul yelled at Patryk.

"We have to make a r-" Patryk stopped.

He felt a sharp pain in his pelvic region.(No not there. The hip.) He shouted in pain. It was so loud, it sounded as if the whole world could hear him. He felt another terrible pain in his shoulder. He fell to the ground, dropping his gun.

He was shot.