The Blood of a Friend

~Paul's POV~

"Patryk!" Paul gasped and ducked bellow the sandbags. He looked at Patryk, tears beginning to form in his eyes. He took a Grenade out from his belt. He looked over the sandbags, his good eye filled with frustration.

"Take this you bastards!" He screamed, taking the top off the Grenade. He threw it at the group of American soldiers. They stopped in their tracks and tried to run, but failed. The Grenade blew up, making the soldiers erased from humanity.

Paul quickly picked up Patryk and ran towards the camp. "You're going to be okay.. You're going to be safe soon.. Just stay with me buddy." He whispered to Patryk.
.
~Le Time Skip~
.
Paul quickly dropped Patryk on a bed. He was in a large green tent, filled with bleeding and groaning men and women. Soon a man walked over to Paul and Patryk.

"What happened here?" The man asked.

Paul stared at the man in disgust. "What do you think happened? He got shot!" He shouted at the man

"Whao! Calm down soldier! I'm sorry, just give me some privacy. This seems pretty bad." The man said, looking down at Patryk's body. It seemed lifeless, except for the rise and fall in his chest.

Paul walked out of the tent and sat on a nearby crate. He sat there for a while. Seconds seemed like minutes and minutes seemed like hours. All he could think about is Patryk. He thought about the good times they had. He thought about the laughs. He thought about the plane crash and when Tord scolded them.

He sighed, tears dripping down his check. A hour or two passed. He watched as Tord's robot flew away. He watched several wounded people being carried back. He looked at his hands, covered with Patryk's blood. He thought about the grenade he had thrown. He didn't feel bad for killing them, all he felt was hatred for the men that shot down Patryk.

~Patryk's POV~

Darkness. That's all he saw. Darkness. It was terrible. He saw it for hours and hours.

Pain. That's all he felt. Not just where he was shot, but all over. His legs hurt from running across the battle field. His back hurt from falling down. His nose and eyes hurt from all the smoke. His throat hurt from yelling.

Finally, his eyes opened. He was in a tent. Pain shot through his body. He sat up and yelped in pain. He looked around, panic in his eyes. His right hand held his left shoulder. He looked at a male, holding a bloody bullet.

"Sir, calm down. We need to take the second bullet out of your shoulder. Drink this, it'll make you go back to sleep." The man said, giving Patryk a small cup.

Patryk weakly reached out with his right arm and took the cup from the man. He drank it in one gulp and laid back down. Soon he drifted back into darkness. It felt as if he was the rope in tug-a-war, life on one side and death on the other.

All he could think of was Paul's words.

"You're going to be okay.."

"You're going to be safe soon.."

"Just stay with me buddy.."

That's all he heard.