12. Late Night Swim

I woke up with Bella literally shaking me

“Stop it, you psycho”

“Whatever. Get dressed, were going surfing and wear one of your new bikinis”

“I don’t really want to go out in like no clothes”

“Wtf” yea she really spelled it out “Were going to the beach not a church! Look, I wouldn’t be telling you this if it wasn’t true. Your body is amazing from all that dancing so stop hiding it and show it off”

I put on the pink top, black bottoms and rash guard shirt. I went down stairs. The smell of sausages and cinnamon rolls hit my nose. Stephen was cooking and my stomach started to grumble looking at all the food. Taylor was practically drooling while waiting at the table.

“Wow, Stephen the food smells great” I said

“Thanks, it’s almost done and I hope you like turkey sausage.”

**

We had so much fun and literally surfed all day but Stephen didn’t because he didn’t know how and went to work for a few hours. Taylor turned out to be a really good surfer and kept up with Bella, Dad and I. When it began getting dark we went on the sand to watch the sunset. Taylor sat close to me which surprised me and tried to hold my hand but I slapped his hand away.

“What? I can’t hold your hand” he said but I didn’t have an answer so I ignored him and kept staring at the setting sun.

When Stephen came back, my dad started a bonfire and we cooked hot dogs over it. We even roasted marshmallows and had smores for desert.

**

I climbed into bed but couldn’t sleep so I went across the hall and tapped on Taylor’s door. I was a little nervous that he was asleep and that I would wake him but he came to the door anyways and let me in.

“Couldn’t sleep either?” he asked

“Nope” we sat on his bed Indian style and he reached across me and drew little circles on my leg which caused a shiver to travel down my spine. Did he know what he was doing to me?

“I was impressed with your surfing skills today, little bear” he said suddenly

“Little bear?”

“It’s your new nickname” he said with a smile I could barely see in the low light

“Why do you want to call me little bear?”

“Because you remind me of one”

“Because I’m small and hairy?” I asked confused

“No, because your shy. And also small” we sat there and talked about random things as it got later and later into the night. As it got later our words got sincerer.

**

 “Why do you like to read?” he asked

“I don’t know. It’s my escape I guess” I said

“You like to read because in the books you read the hero comes in and saves the day. Beat the villains, protect the fair maiden right? But real life isn’t like that for you is it?”

“Of course it’s not this isn’t a fricking comic book”

“Exactly. You have to be your own hero. Beat down the villains yourself. Cause if you don’t, who will?”

 “I guess your right but what if-“

“There’s no what if Jess, strong people prosper while the weak just complain and get crushed”

“When did you get so smart?”

He shrugged his shoulders “Well what do you do?” I asked

“I can’t answer that”

 “Why are you so hard to read?”

“What if there are no words”

I was so confused but it must have showed on my face because with that he left the room with a smirk on his face. I was almost sleep when he came back asking if I wanted to go swiming with him. I slipped in and looked at Bella who was fast asleep. I quickly changed into my tribal print bandeau and emerald bottoms but left the rash guard shirt I wore earlier because we were just going for a swim.

We got there and we took off the clothes we wore on top of our bathing suits. I was a little hesitant but decided it was too dark to see everything anyways.

He was looking at me “what?” I said

“Nothing”

“Like what you see?” I said quoting him

“Race you to the water” he said and we took off running.

“Ha. I win!” he said and splashed into the water

“Whatever “I said “In my eyes you’re still a loser”

We swam for a few minutes and I was enjoying the cool feeling of the salt water on my skin when I felt his warm arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I looked up at him. He cupped my face in his free hand and gave me a soft kiss that was sweet but I wanted more and I put my arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. When we were tired and our lips were swollen, we parted then we stayed like that staring at each other for a long time until we decided to go back on the beach.

**

I guess we’d fallen asleep because I felt him stir under me. I looked up to meet his sleepy blue eyes. “Hey” he said in a deep sexy sleepy voice that would have made her knees buckle if they weren’t already lying down.

“Hi” I said “I really need to stop falling asleep with you”

“Really?” he said “I can’t get enough of it”

Well lying on his chest, listening to his heartbeat was really relaxing I admitted to my self with a sigh. “What time is it?” I asked

“Umm” he reached over to his discarded cargos from last night and pulled out a wristwatch “oh shit”

**

It was 4:52 Am. And they could even see the sunrise. We ran quietly back in the house holding hands which wasn’t quiet at all since they were sneaking in at four in the morning. Before I knew it I had slipped into my bed and I was out like a light. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Well that's the chapter. Hope you enjoyed it. Sorry i kept you guys hanging like that. School just started , and i go to one of those crazy schools that have summer homework and when you dont do it, there's a good chance you can fail the first grading quarter. I'm sure you understand that i had to focus on it for a while. I will definately be updating more often now that school has slowed down. Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share!

                                                                                                                            -ChanelPrincess2801