3. Surprise!!

Chapter three: Surprise

The next day, Tuesday I started going in the morning as a usually do. I get woken up by a mixture of Bella pounding on my bedroom door while my alarm clock goes off. It's not the most pleasant way to wake up in the morning but to be honest, if it weren't for Bella making sure we both got up in enough time to look decent for school I'd look like crap everyday while she looked perfect like she always does. Here we go again I thought as I stormed to the closed bathroom door.

"Bella get out of the bathroom! You've been in there for ages"

"Just one more minute!" Bella said in a singsong voice

"No not in a minute! I gotta get in the shower!"

"What's the magic word?"

"Umm now."

"Fine. Stop being such a baby." Bella burst out of the bathroom in a cloud of perfume with a gaudy pose and a smile that won't quit

I moved past her and continued getting ready for school. I went downstairs for breakfast ready for Round2.

"Hmm I rate you a.....2" said Bella

"Come on Bella I'm thinking 4"

"Mom why do you encouraging her madness"

"I agree she's as mad as a hatter but Jessica you dress like you don't know yourself"

"What is that supposed to mean" I snapped

"She just means that your clothes don't have personal Flair to them"

"Says the former prom queen and her shoo-in for prom queen, daughter. I sighed. "What's wrong with this outfit?"

"Change that shirt to your pretty blue one with the jukebox on it, put your jean jacket on top, instead of that huge hoodie and ditch the pony tail and grab a hairbrush, lazy"

"Done"

When we got to school we were late (as usual) so I had to run straight to English class and made it there just in time but I still got to hear Abby Dominguez talk about yet another boy she had met over the weekend who was supposedly ' the love of her life'. I was pretending to listen to what Ms. Kay was saying but as usual my mind drifted. All the sudden I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I turned to find this boy that I had never seen him before and he looked ...well .....Perfect.

"Yea" I said calmly but secretly, I was having a heart attack on the inside

"Is this seat taken?" he said while pointing to the seat behind me.

"Umm, nope you can have it"

"Thanks..." he was searching for my name

"Jess"

"Taylor"

We shook hands and Ms. Kay went back to talking about some a hundred year old book we just finished reading. Somehow I couldn't stop thinking about that boy, Taylor. Do you know that awkward feeling when you can feel someone's presence? I got that with him sitting behind me.

"Now, find a partner and discuss the works of Edgar Allen Poe and why most of his poems involved death" said Ms. Kay

Everyone started scooting toward their partner of choice and I sat there picking some chipped black nail polish off my nail.

"Hey you wanna be my partner"

"Are you talking to me?" I asked

"No im talking to the big purple turtle on your shoulder so turn around so we can talk."

The problem was that I didn't want to because his hotness made me want to drool and that sarcasm made me like him even more. "We don't actually have to talk about the stupid poems"

"I've read them before and they're actually really good"

"I know they are but I don't feel like it" I said after rolling my eyes

"so let's play the question game"

"Okay, you go first"

"What's your favorite season?" he challenged

"Fall"

"Same"

"Favorite cookie?" I asked

"Oreos"

"same" I said in a surprised tone

"Guilty pleasure" he asked

"Tumblr"

"same" he said

"Really?!" I asked

"Yea it's sad but I basically spend all my time on there and YouTube"

"Oh my god I've never met anyone that loves the internet as much as I do"

"well now you have" he said with a charming yet cocky smile

The bell rang and Ms. Kay let us all go. I got up and grabbed my bag to leave when Taylor said "sorry I have to know. What kind of blog do you have?"

"it's a mix between soft grunge and rosy" I said in an annoying girl voice

He laughed "no seriously"

"It's totally random"

"I'd love to follow you- I mean; I'd love to follow your blog. On Tumblr. " he stammered

He was so cute when he was nervous

"Hey, it's Taylor right?" Sasha interrupted"I'm Sasha and I wanted to let you know that I'm free if you ever want a tour of the school or to meet some cool people" she flashed a flirty smile

"No I'm okay. Jess will you show me to my next class"

"It would be my honor" I said enjoying the shocked expression on Sasha's face as we walked away

We walked in the hallway and she showed me his schedule that said his next class was Mr. Bridge's Science class "oh he's awesome but he'll like you more if your polite and say 'yes sir' or 'no sir'. Room 404 is right around the corner, second door to the left."

"kay, thinks"

"Welcome and I'll see you at lunch"

I left to go to dance class before I was late and rushed to change into my dance clothes. I choose it because it because it was the only thing on the electives list that I didn't completely hate.