9. A Day Out with the Girls, A Night Out with the Boys

I woke up to my phone ringing loudly and at about the fourth ring I couldn’t take it anymore. Ugh the one day I get to sleep in.

“What?” I answered loud and very harshly

“Morning to you too” said Katie “get up we’re going shopping”

“Yay” I said with no emotion                                                                                 

“That’s the spirit. Pick you up at one” she hung up

**

I got up and showered. I blow dried my hair and let it lay on my shoulders like usual then put on mascara and covered up the circles under my eyes. I was up way to late on Tumblr last night. I decided on wearing a jean tank top with pink shorts and black gladiators. When Katie texted me that she was at my house I finished the look by slipping a light pink beanie on my head. Her mom, who was literally a living breathing motherly version of Barbie, dropped us off at the mall.

“First things first, Jordan how do you want to look on your date” said Katie

“Nicer. A little more girly would be great but don’t go crazy, I still want to look like me.”

“You get clothes, I’ll do her makeup” I said to Katie. I don’t like to admit it but I like make up and know a lot about it, probably more than Bella”

**

We browsed the stores until we came across a loose black tank top with comic writing that said ‘Zap!’ and a red bandeau to go underneath. We skipped bottoms because Jordan was going to wear some dark wash high waisted shorts that looked amazing on her. For her makeup we went to a drug store and bought a few things to complete the look (and some other things she had to have since she didn’t own much). Katie’s mom picked us up and took us to Jordan’s house so we could get her ready.

**Jordan’s POV**

“So do you like it?” Katie asked me excitedly

“Umm” I looked at myself in the mirror amazed that I looked like me but…..better “Yea”

“That’s it?” said Jess a little bit hurt

“No! Jess it’s great. Really, you guys did a great job but I’m just…” I looked at my reflection once more “…shocked”

“Yea you look amazing. It’s still you but more stylish.” Said Jess

“Honestly I don’t understand why you don’t do this all the time” said Katie

I was going to talk more but the door bell rang and butterflies got into my stomach. My brother yelled that Josh was here.

“Don’t be nervous. Even if the date is horrible, you’ll probably still have a good time. He’s your best friend” when jess said that all my nervousness evaporated and I was super excited.

“Thank you guys so much” I said and hugged them both and went down stairs “Hey Josh” I said trying to sound as casual as possible

“Wow you look great. Let’s go”

“Remember what I said” my brother said

“I’m not a baby Vic and you’ve known him for years. Come on” I pulled him outside before things got even crazier

He unlocked the car so I hopped in as usual. He opened the door up again.

“Hey get out for a second” he said