Chapter 10

Everybody must've known Archer had a thing for me except for, well, me.

Monday morning when he walk hand in hand into school every ones staring, which I hate and wish to disappear, and congratulating us for finally being together. Apparently it was inevitable for us to end up together. So it's Monday morning, meaning Archer survived Matts 'talk' yesterday, more or less. He was a little weird after. Scared shitless would be a better phrase to describe it actually. It was quite hilarious, though Archer didn't think so.

Nothing has really changed that much between us, we still are best friends which is why we're attached at the hip. We still are our goofy selves except we kiss. A lot. The air surrounding us is always on fire and filled with electricity, a desire that could consume me. How we, well I, never noticed it before is beyond me.

Our school isn't huge, but it's not small, so news travels fast. So by second period the entire student body knows about Archer and I. The thing is though, we aren't officially together. We haven't gone a date, and he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend. But I don't don't his feelings towards me and I know we don't have to rush into anything.

So the day goes by slowly, every person in the hallway staring at us two and all the questions girls throw at me. Although not all of it's positive, some girls now hate my guts. They glare at me and whisper as I walk down the hall, which I can handle, I could probobly beat them up if I needed to, I'm not scared of their empty threats.

That whole girl thing never bothered me. I just stay out of all the drama, it's none of their business what is going in in my life.

So when school finally ends I hurry to the locker room to get my bag for the game tonight. Unfortunately the schedule is back in order so the boys have a game and won't be able to watch me play. But it's okay the big game agiants our rival school is on separate days, that's always a good game.

After getting my bag I go out the main door into the parking lot, full of kids trying to get home, and head towards the truck. When I'm a few yards away I see Hailey leaning against Matts car, twerling her hair while speaking to Archer.

I guess you could say that they have a past. If her getting attactched to him after a one time feelingless thing making her believe he is permenatly hers, is considered a past. Whenever he was with an other girl, which was often, she would start rumors and threaten them to back off. She is very possessive and controlling, something I could never be.

It's clear when I get close to the truck that she sees me but Archer has his back to me. Shes standing teally close to him and by his body languag I can tell he's uncomfortable. She smirks before stoping him mid-sentence and crashing her lips to his.

I'm not going to lie, right now I would love to run her over with a semi-truck. To harsh? I get a terrible feeling in my stomach knowing that she's kissing him when it should be me. She's practically sucking his face off like a vacuum. Then Archer does the unexpected, he quickly pushes her of of him and wipes his mouth with the back of his hand in disgust. Archer is a player, who gets all the girls, he would normally kiss her back.

"What the hell Hailey?!" he questions. I see her face fall and I use all the strength in me to not break out laughing at her defeated expression. I don't think she used to not getting what or who she wants. He says something else to her that I can't hear but Haileys face loses it's color. Her face quickly changes when she spots me again, this time to pure anger and hate.

Archer follows her gaze and turns around to see me. His angry face goes pale and he looks like a little kid who was caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

And I'm just standing there still in shock that the old Archer is gone, replaced my a one woman man. My Archer.

"Megan, it's not what it looks like, I swear," he walks to me and takes my hands in his. "She kissed me and I pushed her off and told her that I don't want her. I want you, only you," he pleads.