Chapter 6

"Megan, wake up," Archer whispers in my ear, making me shiver. "Time to get ready for school," I tighten my grip around him in hope I won't have to go to school.

"Megan," he tries again while removing my arms from around his torso. I groan. "Still tired?" he asks me and I nod. "Any dreams?" he asks hesitantly. I shake my head no and I feel his body relax next to mine. Is it strange to believe that Archer has the power to keep my dreams away? I never have a nightmare while in his arms. I feel safe when he is right next to me, like nothing bad could ever happen.

"C'mon Meg, we have to get up," he tells me, I sense a hint of sadness in his voice. I groan again and release him from my hold so we can get out of bed. The second he leaves my side, I miss the contact and warmth.

I watch his shirtless back as he leaves my room to go to the guest room. I pick out a pair of jean shorts and a nice shirt and my sandals. I put my hair in a unicorn braid and have it go down my shoulder. I go downstairs and get a bowl of cereal to eat. I take my seat next to Matt, who's munching on some toast.

"Sleep better tonight?" he asks me.

"Definitely," I answer as Archer comes into the kitchen and smiles warmly at me. "Good game yesterday, by the way," I congratulate Matt. I didn't get a chance to talk to him after because I was to busy having a mental breakdown. As a matter of fact, after the game I didn't talk or see anyone.

"Thanks. Did you guys work it out?" Matt says looking back and forth between Archer and me.

"Umm, work what out?" I question.

"Oh come on, you were in a bad mood which made Archer suck on the field. You have to be blind not to notice your guys' weird behavior," I just stare at Matt. Was it that obvious that we were having an issue.

"Uh, yeah. We did," I say then look over at Archer who looks like he wants to say something. He swallows it then flashes a smile before going back to buttering his toast. I hope he's not thinking about telling anyone about the subject of my dreams. That's strictly between the two of us. If he tells anyone, he will end up dead like in my dreams. But because I killed him.

Soon we pull into the school and head to class. It's a much better day, considering I slept like a baby last night. So I actually pay attention in class and socialize with my friends I pass in the hallway and in my classes. The day goes by quickly and before I know it I'm in the locker room getting ready for practice.

The nice thing about practice during the summer is that we get the whole field because the boys would practice after us. But now we have practice at the same time, which means only half of the field.

After a normally intense and perspiration filled 2 hours were done, almost. Coach Casper doesn't let us of that easy, he tells us to get on the line and do five full-field sprints in under two minutes. The boys don't have to run, so they sit on the sidelines taking off their gear while we run our butts off. I finish first, like normal, then wait for the other girls so we can stretch then leave. I remind the girls of practice tomorrow morning at 8 o'clock sharp then head off to meet the boys at the car. I throw my smelly bag into the trunk then get in so we can drive home.

Once home, we race to see how gets the first shower and it ends up being Matt. But only because he locked us in the car so we couldn't get out.

Me and Archer sit on the couch waiting for Matt to get out of the shower while watching espn.

"Going to the game tonight?" I ask Archer.

"Um, Friday night football? I'll have to think about it," he says sacasticly. "Of corse I'm going! What 'bout you?"

"I dont know," I shrug.

"Meg! You have to go! Please get out of this house," he tries to suade.

"Go, no one wants you here," my dad jokes walking through the living room to his office. I stick my tongue out at his back, "I saw that," he says. I huff and cross my arms across my chest.

"Sure, I guess. I think Rachel and Mia are going."

"So you don't want to go with me?" Archer questions, in mock pain, clutching his heart. "Ouch,"

"You'll just end up leaving me for a girl anyways," I state matter of factly. Is it possible for Archer to have been with every girl in our school except for me? Well it seems like it, he goes through girls like he does food. I don't think he's ever had a real girlfriend, just friends with benefits. Which I never really minded, it's his life, he can do whatever he wants. Apparently Matt has been with his own fair share of woman too. I guess their both heartbreakers.

I hear the water shut off so I get up to go take a shower.

"Um, where do you think you're going?" he asks grabbing my forearm.

"To take a shower, duh."

"Nooooo, I called second shower."

"Nooooo, I did." I mimic.

He stands up so he towers over me, "I'm pretty sure I did,"

I lift my head and straighten my shoulders, trying to compare to his six foot one, 170 pound frame.

"I'm pretty sure you didn't," I say raising my eyebrows. I push past him and start walking towards the stairs. Archer grabs my hips and pulls me back behind him. He takes a step and I jump onto his back, wrapping my legs around his waist and cover his eyes with my hands.

"Meg!" he yells running into the wall making me giggle, "Ow! Get off, before I kill the both of us trying to go up the stairs," he attempts to peel my hands from his face. My arms end up around his neck and I start to slip of so I tighten my hold, this causes him to start choking and lose his balance. We slowly start tipping back making me squel in shock. Archer manages to twist, wrapping his arm around me to cradle my fall as he lands on top of me.

Our chest are pushed together as they rise and fall with our heavy breathing, our foreheads and nose touch, our breath mingles together in the little space between us, and his deep sea blue eyes bore into mine. After a couple of moments, despite how much I enjoy it, our proximity gets awkward, so I clear my throat. He quickly gets up and runs a hand through his hair, like he only does when he's frustrated of nervous. He doesn't offer me a hand up, so I push my self off the floor.

"You guys can shower now," Matt says coming down the steps. His wearing shorts and a soccer tshirt and his hair is still damp. He looks between the two of us standing awkwardly by eachother and raises an eyebrow in question, which I ignore.

"You can go first," Archer says turning away and sitting on the couch. I go past my brother, who's giving me a strange look, and go upstairs for my shower. Even after I'm all clean and in fresh clothes I still feel my body tingling where Archer and I were touching.