Chapter 1

"So, what movies are we gonna watch?" Rachel asks Mia and me.

"How about a Nicholas Sparks marathon?" Mia offers.

"Sounds good," I say picking out the movies from the rack. "Which first, The Lucky One or Last Song?" I ask my two friends.

"Seriously? You're making me pick between Zac Efron and Liam Hemsworth?" Rachel asks, her blue eyes wide. Her blonde hair almost reaches her hips, and her pale conplection-a few freckles dotting her nose-really makes her round, pale blue eyes stand out.

"Last Song," Mia decides with a nod making the bangs across her tan forehead bounce. Her dark brown hair just passes her shoulders, in a cascade of waves, and eyes the color of chocolate are framed by thick lashes.

I put the movie in the player and the previews are projected on the white screen. I join Mia and Rachel on the leather recliners. My basement is movie central; with recliners, fridge and cabinets stocked with food, and a projector for the screen that takes up the whole wall. Its no wonder why I love watching movies.

About half way through the movie, that me and my friends are quietly enjoying, we're are rudely interrupted by my twin brother and his best friend.

"Whats up?" Matt asks, plopping himself in the seat next to me and grabbing a handful of popcorn from the bowl in my lap.

"Enjoying the peace and quiet of you guys not being home," I say not turning to look at him, attempting to ignore them so they'll leave.

"Don't lie, you love us," Archer claims sitting on the other side of me and then throwing his arm around my shoulder.

As of late this sort of thing that would never bother me has had a strange effect. Where Archer's body touches mine, pulses of electricity run through my body and makes my heart beat a little faster. My hands get clamy so I wipe them off on my sweats.

"You'd like to thinks so," I say. We never really have a normal conversation, were always joking around. Sarcasm is our main vocabulary.

"Yes, I do," his signature smirk playing on his lips. I roll my eyes in response and turn back to the movie. It's the scene where Ronnie is playing the piano then realizes her dad is dead, and that triggers something inside me.
Images start flashing through my mind, my nightmares passing before my eyes-yet I'm awake. I start breathing heavy and my hands begin to shake uncontrollably.

I quickly excuse myself before I completely breakdown. I head up the basement stairs and go into the bathroom. I grip the edge of the vanity top turning my nuckles white. I close my eyes and try to push the images out of my mind. Breathe Megan.

I jump a little when someone taps the door. "Busy!" I yell.

"Meg, it's me. Open up." Archer's voice calls through the door. I turn the handle and let him in.

"You okay?" he asks me. He cups my cheek with his hand and wipes away a traitor tear.

"Yeah, I just... umm. I saw the-and," I try to explain to him, not being able to find the right words.

"Did it remind you of your nightmares?" he quietly asks.

"Yeah," I whisper looking down at my feet. I lean back against the sink and run my hands through my hair to calm down. I take a couple of deep breathes to calm down before speaking again, "I'm good, let's go back," I squeeze past him and go out through the door. Archer sighs then follows me back down to the basement. Mia and Rachel are teary-eyed and sniffling while Matt is on his phone, completely oblivious.

"Dude, thank God. I'm dying down here," Matt complains when he sees Archer.

"Let's go upstairs," Archer suggests and they leave us to wallow in the sadness by ourselves.

"You good?" Rachel asks me while wiping her soaked cheeks.

I laugh at her emotion, "Yep," I'm not a big girly-girl. I love these movies but I never cry over them. Yes it's sweet and adorable but when the break up it hardly effects me. This is no where close to real life. People don't fall in love and then live happily ever after, just like that.

Once that movie is over, we start another. It goes on like this all day long-movie after movie after movie. All the same: two people meet, fall in love, break up, get back together, then live happily ever after. Deffinatly nothing like reality. Maybe that's why I like watching movies beacause there's always a happy ending unlike in life where everything is unpredictable. One thing is for sure, my life is no Nicholss Spark novel.

Since we have soccer practice early the next morning, Mia and Rachel leave when it gets late. I show them out the door then head to my own room. I get situated in my bed, curled up in the soft sheets. I close my tired eyes and try not to think about the nightmares that will soon follow.

~

So, this is my first ever chapter of my first ever book on wattpad. I was obsessed with it for a few months, reading practically every story, and I finally decided to write one myself! Hope some one enjoys reading it as much as I love writting it.