Chapter 6

Narrator's POV

"So then we're were just like...walking around the park, and then Jimmy just goes insane and starts running after this huge duck." Matt laughed.

"Just like that?" Juliette asked.

He nodded in response and they walked into Olivia's house.

"Mom I'm home !" she yelled. But she got no reply. "Mom?"

"Up here," Olivia coughed. Her voice was soft and trembly.

"Is she okay ?" Matt asked, his voice filled with concern.

Juliette shrugged and walked upstairs to her mother's room to find her wrapped in jackets and blankets.

"Mom, what happened ? Are you sick ?" she asked as she made her way to her side.

"No sweetie, of cou-" she coughed.

"You can't even finish your sentence without coughing." Matt stated.

"Okay maybe I am sick," she responded, "but just a little bit. Okay, Juliette ? No need to worry."

"Is there anything I can get you?" Matt asked.

Olivia was kind of shocked at how nice he was being to her. Did Juliette put something in his food or drinks ?

"I'm good. Thank you." she responded.

They all stayed silent for a few minutes until they heard the door bell ring.

"I'll get it." Juliette said.

She walked downstairs

She opened the door and her heart skipped a beat.

"Arin," she said, "what're you doing here ? How'd you know where i live ?"

"Uhhh...wanna hang out ? Maybe we can go walk around in the neighbourhood." he tried to dodge the question 'how'd you know where I live?'

"Juliette, whos at the door ?" Matt asked from upstairs.

"Uhh..actually, Arin, my mom's a little sick. So I'm just gonna hang out here and take care of her."

When Juliette didn't answer Matt's question, it made him walk downstairs.

"Juliette, why didn't you answe- Oh..you again." His face changed when he saw Arin at the door.

Juliette gave him the look.

"Uh..nice to see you again sir," he said nervously.

"Do you want something ? Other than my daughter ?"

"Dad,stop !"

"I just w-wanted to h-h-hang out with her." he stuttered

"Uhh..her mother's sick. She's gonna be staying here. You can hang out here if you want." he said.

"Sure." he smiled.

Arin walked in and looked around. He walked into Juliette's room and sat on the bean-bag.

Juliette shut the door and stared at her father.

"What?" he asked.

"Why do you act like that around Arin ?!"

"I don't like him Juliette. He seems...weird." he replied.

"Dad you don't like anyone !"

"I like your mom," he chuckled.

"Dad, stop ! Gosh." she began walking away when her father stopped her.

"Juliette," he said, looking away from the ground, "just be careful okay ? I know a bad kid when I see one."