Chapter 9

Narrator's POV

Matt sat on the couch, holding his phone in one hand and stroking Olivia's hair while she rested her troubled head in his lap.

"What're you doing?" she mumbled, barely audible.

"I don't know if I should call Juliette or not." he confessed, looking down at her. Her eyes were shut but she was still listening and paying attention to Matt.

"I think you should, honey. You're going to have to talk to her sooner or later." she told him.

"If you say so," Matt said as he dialled Juliette's number.

"Put it on speaker." she whispered.

They both listened carefully to the bell that was ringing.

Matt's face fell when he heard the sound of Juliette's voice mail.

"I knew she wou-"

"Hello ?"

Olivia smiled and stuck her tongue out at Matt and he smiled and responded back to his daughter.

"Hey sweetheart, it's me."

"H-hi Dad."

"Hey, I just wanted to say that I didn't use you to get to your Mom. I would never even think about doing that."

"I know. I'm sorry for behaving like the way I did."

"It's okay, Juliette. Do you wanna come back home ?"

"I really do."

"I'll be there in a few minutes. "

"Thanks dad. I'm really glad you called."

"Me too. And from today onwards, we have no secrets from each other. Okay?"

Juliette froze when he said that. She thought about the day she smoked at Jimmy's house.

"Yeah," she mumbled.

"Okay honey, I'll see you in a few minutes or hours then. I love you."

"Love you too dad."

She hung up her phone and put it down, wondering if she should come clean about her secret.

"Fuck." she said.

She paced around the room thought about how she should come clean, and IF she should come clean.

'Secrets'

She kept hearing it again and again.

He'd freak if he ever found out.